Are you excited at the prospect of unlocking the secrets held by a data set? Are you fascinated by the possibilities presented by advances in machine learning and artificial intelligence? In an increasingly connected world, massive amounts of structured and unstructured data open up new opportunities. As a data scientist, you can turn these complex data sets into machine learning capabilities to solve global challenges.
We have an opportunity for you to use your analytical and statistical skills to improve the military operations community. You’ll work closely with your customer to understand their questions and needs, then dig into their data-rich environment to develop state of the art machine learning capabilities across a range of domains from natural language processing to computer vision to signal processing and more. You’ll conduct exploratory data analysis, identify the right combination of tools and frameworks, develop new models, and deliver robust machine learning pipelines that turn complex datasets into objective answers to help our military leaders make informed decisions in operational environments. Join us as we use data science for good in the military operations community.
Empower change with us.
Nice If You Have:
- 5+ years of experience as a data scientist, data analyst, or researcher in a professional work or educational environment
- 2+ years of experience with building statistical models and developing machine learning algorithms
- 2+ years of experience with data visualization and programming languages, including Python, Scala, or Java
- 2+ years of experience with deep learning architectures and frameworks, including TensorFlow or PyTorch
- Experience with developing technical solutions in a team environment
- TS/SCI clearance
- BA or BS degree
- 2+ years of experience with designing novel machine learning methods and workflows, including full data pipelines from raw data through predictions
- 2+ years of experience with designing and leading the development of new machine learning capabilities
- Experience with working in cloud computing environments, including AWS or Azure
- Experience with intelligence analyst operations or targeting, including IMINT, MASINT, SIGINT, GEOINT, OSINT, and PAI targeting
- Ability to exhibit flexibility, initiative, and innovation when dealing with ambiguous and fast-paced situations
- MA, MS, or PhD degree
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance is required.
Build Your Career:
At Booz Allen, we know the power of data and we’re dedicated to helping you grow as a data science professional. When you join Booz Allen, you can expect:
access to online and onsite training in data science and machine learning methodologies
a chance to change the world with the Data Science Bowl—the world’s premier data science for social good competition
participation in partnerships with data science leaders, like our partnership with NVIDIA to deliver Deep Learning Institute (DLI) training to the federal government
You’ll have access to a wealth of training resources through our Analytics University, an online learning portal specifically geared towards data science and machine learning skills, where you can access more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and state-of-the-art tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications? Take advantage of our tuition assistance, onsite boot camps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want, as you chart your own course for success.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.