Rootstock Software® is a worldwide provider of cloud ERP on the Salesforce Cloud Platform. When combined with Salesforce CRM, Rootstock Cloud ERP offers manufacturing, distribution, and supply chain organizations a single platform to grow and manage their businesses. Rootstock Cloud ERP is a flexible, modern, and digitally connected system that transforms companies to deliver a more personalized customer experience, efficiently scale operations, and out-service the competition.
Launched in 2008, Rootstock Software® has grown to serve customers throughout North America, Europe and Asia Pacific and is available exclusively on the Salesforce Platform (Force.com) via the Salesforce AppExchange, the world’s most-popular marketplace for business apps. Organizations now have insight on what is happening or what will happen at each step of the manufacturing, distribution and supply chain processes.
Join our growing company that provides competitive compensation and substantial growth potential.
What you'll do:
As our Salesforce Solution Architect, a critical member of our Professional Services team, you design high-quality Rootstock and Salesforce Platform solutions that achieve client business goals, by meeting or exceeding requirements. You will lead the definition, and realization of architecture and solution design as clients add Rootstock ERP and/or Rootstock Financials into their infrastructure—driving success by expertly leveraging the Salesforce Platform in technical solution architecture.
As a key contributor on Professional Services project teams, you will lead clients through requirements elicitation, then design, document, and present functional and technical solutions for Rootstock ERP and/or Rootstock Financials implementations in conjunction with necessary interfaces to and from other applications in complex client infrastructures, including deployment and activation strategies.
- Use strong hands-on skills and expert knowledge of Salesforce Platform, Rootstock ERP and Rootstock Financials to design, validate, and document functional and technical solutions for Rootstock implementations, including solution deployment and activation.
- Provide functional and technical solutions to large, strategic, highly complex system integration development projects in conjunction with Rootstock ERP and/or Financials implementations involving multiple platforms and applications.
- Engage customer stakeholders to understand desired business outcomes and define success criteria
- Lead Discovery and requirements refinement sessions to uncover client business, functional, and technical requirements
- Perform gap analysis between Rootstock ERP and/or Rootstock Financials functionality and client requirements; document, validate, and propose solutions for all gaps internally and with clients
- Synthesize requirements to create clear and comprehensive user stories and solution design documentation
- Document and obtain estimates and approvals for custom development requirements and specifications; As needed, manage the delivery and testing of the functionality by Development and / or Professional Services resources
- Work with the Project Manager to plan lower-level tasks for Implementation Consultants and Developers to create and implement your design
- Work with the Project Manager to manage a project to scope, budget and timeline expectations
- Facilitate cross-team/train learnings, communication, alignment, and knowledge transfer, as needed.
- Serve as a peer reviewer for Solution Designs of other Salesforce Solution Architects.
What you need to succeed:
- BA/BS degree in Business, Computer Science or Engineering; Master’s degree preferred
- 3+ years of experience administering or consulting with Salesforce Platform in a large-scale, enterprise environment.
- Strong consulting skills, aiming to be recognized as a client’s advocate and trusted advisor; ability to influence and persuade, without direct control
- Hands-on integration experience within Salesforce Platform (REST, SOAP, ESB).
- Experience leading cross-functional teams in requirements elicitation and documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to drive functional and technical integration solutioning and documentation to completion, in Agile, Waterfall, and hybrid project methodologies.
- Experience with data migrations from third party systems to Salesforce, with Dataloader or other tool
- Experience designing and/or building high-volume integrations between both on-Platform and off-Platform applications
- Experience in administering, customizing and configuring Salesforce features including but not limited to Profiles, Roles, Users, Page Layouts, Workflows, Reports, Dashboards, Objects, Fields, Record Types, and Validation Rules.
- Experience in Salesforce.com Design and hands-on Development including Apex Classes Controllers and Triggers
- Proficiency in SOQL
- Demonstrated ability to manage and be held accountable for multiple work streams simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines and quality requirements.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Ability to support continuous improvement of Professional Services methodologies and toolkits.
- Passionate about work and willing to take on difficult challenges.
- Intellectually curious with a desire for continuous learning and an ability to learn and apply new concepts and new software quickly
- Strong leadership skills and teamwork skills
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills - including negotiation, facilitation, and consensus building skills
- Exceptional technical communication skills – presenting and influencing developers to senior executives
- Ability to work with employees at all levels and in all departments with diverse backgrounds both at Rootstock and within the client organization.
- Willingness and ability to travel 15% to 75% depending on the project (First year, onsite in Richmond VA.)
- 10+ years of overall development and architecture experience.
- 3+ years of experience in Professional Services
- 5+ years of experience implementing ERP/MRP or supply chain planning and execution solutions.
- Experience working with multiple business units at manufacturing or distribution companies, such as Accounting/Finance, Manufacturing/Production, Forecasting/Materials Planning, Warehouse Management, and Transportation.
- Proficiency in Apex, and SOAP or REST based web services.
Preferred Salesforce Certifications
- Platform Developer 1
- Data Architecture and Management Designer
- Sharing and Visibility Designer
- Development Lifecycle and Deployment Designer
- Identity and Access Management Designer
- Integration Architecture Designer
- Sales Cloud
- Service Cloud
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $110,000.00 to $180,000.00 /year
- Salesforce.com Platform Developer 1 (Required)
Full Time Opportunity: