Trystate Mechanical Inc., an Engie Company, is looking for a CAD Designer/Project Manager to be responsible for modeling/drafting mechanical and piping systems and the creation of design documents. You will oversee the performance of projects by coordinating the flow of information between estimating, accounting, and office & field operations to ensure successful completion of projects.
1. Develop, revise and update drawings to endure consistent documentation of projects adhering to drafting standards.
2. Development of the design documents will be part of your role for the purposes of permit procurement, construction direction, and as-built documentation.
3. The overall focus of your role will be the professional development of mechanical and plumbing models for design documents for the Company’s projects in a time sensitive manner.
4. Attend all project-related meetings as the company’s representative.
5. Manage the project’s start-up and associated paperwork.
6. Handle all verbal and written communication with the client, engineer, vendors, and subcontractors.
7. Oversee the submittal and shop drawing process.
8. Monitor productivity, safety, and job performance of the company’s labor and the project’s subcontractors.
9. Manage the project’s schedule including manpower and material & equipment deliveries.
10. Coordinate completion of field start-up and closeout documentation.
11. Manage the project’s overall financial performance including monthly billing, change order negotiation, and compliance with job cost goals.
1. 5-10 years of experience in the construction industry as a Drafter, Project Manager, Estimator, or Superintendent
2. 5-10 years of experience with AutoCAD
3. Technical knowledge of HVAC equipment, automatic temperature controls, and systems with experience in NYC market as a project manager for a construction manager or as a project manager for an HVAC contractor on higher education, healthcare, and/or cultural projects
4. Excellent financial management skills, including change order negotiation
5. Ability to communicate with and motivate subcontractors, vendors, and manpower to complete their specific project tasks and contractual requirements safely
6. Work productively with in-house company departments including estimating, drafting, service, and accounting in a professional manner
7. High-level computer skills; Word, Excel, Microsoft Project, Primavera, and experience with COINs financial management software a plus
8. Unimpeachable ethics (honesty and integrity)
9. Valid driver’s license and clean record
Trystate Mechanical, Inc. provides a competitive compensation package. We have excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k, and paid vacation.
Job Type: Full-time