- Develops and improves manufacturing processes by studying product and manufacturing methods.
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends. .
- Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Maintains product and process data base by writing computer programs; entering data.
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Exceptional mechanical / electrical skills, Dealing with Complexity, Systematic Problem Solving, Root Cause Analysis & Controlled Improvement, Informing Others, Leadership, Supervision, Hardware Specifications, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Manufacturing Quality, Product Development, Presenting Technical Information, CAD, CAD/CAM Circuit Design.
Preferred Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar with 5+ year experience required
- Or, 15+ years’ experience in a related field.
- Solid works or Catia CAD skills
- Make-to-Order Manufacturing Experience.
- Composites manufacturing experience preferred but not required.
- Six Sigma Black Belt preferred but not required.
- $80K-$120K based on experience.
- Full Benefits; Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year
- Manufacturing Engineering: 5 years (Preferred)