POSITION TITLE: Leasing Consultant
DEPARTMENT: Resident Services
REPORTS TO: Property Manager
JOB SUMMARY: The Leasing Consultant assists in leasing activities to maximize income and achieve community occupancy goals.
VALUES MODELED: All employees are expected to find ways to bring our values to life every day by demonstrating leadership, commitment, and integrity.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS: Resident feedback on quality and timeliness of resident services provided; resident turnover.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure proper maintenance and inspect community and vacant units on a daily basis. Assist in the day-to-day leasing operations of the community.
- Responsible for ensuring the model and or show units are ready for show.
- Maintain complete and accurate community files and records.
- Perform routine general office duties, i.e. filing, cleaning, etc.
- Give prospect tours and discuss community amenities.
- Respond timely to prospect telephone calls and internet lead responses.
- Review rental and move-in files for accuracy and input new residents into Entrata.
- Enter daily leasing activity into leasing system daily.
- Promptly attend to resident comments and/or complaints.
- Prepare move-in paperwork, keys, and remotes for a new resident.
- Inspect make-ready apartments prior to move-in.
- Review all lease files prior to move-in for accuracy and completeness.
- Assist with monthly renewals.
- Support the community manager’s efforts to manage all aspects of marketing and leasing for the community.
- Understand the market near the community and any other aspects of the sub-market that could impact occupancy and/or income of the community.
- Respond timely to prospects telephone calls and internet lead responses.
- Correctly complete all lease applications, assist with application verification, and notify prospect of results in a timely manner.
- Responsible for leasing apartments, improving occupancy, and generating traffic.
- Responsible for weekly shopping the competitive communities.
- Responsible for conducting outreach marketing weekly.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining marketing binder and advertising.
- Perform other duties as requested to support community operations.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills: Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel software. Experience in conducting Internet searches and using online calendars and databases.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Experience with Entrata or other property management software.
- Associate degree in a relevant field.
- Direct leasing and/or property management experience.
- Bilingual or multilingual skills.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Dependability - Follow instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Integrity - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
- Customer Focus - Responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Confidentiality - Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions.
- Analytical/Reasoning - Synthesizes basic and varied information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data and make recommendations.
- Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; completes work in a timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Continuous Learning - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; seeks feedback to improve performance; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Job Knowledge - Exhibits competency in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; keeps abreast of current developments; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others; uses resources effectively.
- Use of Technology - Demonstrates required skills; adapts to new technologies; uses technology to increase productivity; keeps technical skills up to date.
- Conflict Resolution - Encourages open communication; confronts difficult situations; maintains objectivity; keeps emotions under control; uses interpersonal and negotiation skills to resolve conflicts.
- Cooperation - Establishes and maintains effective relationships; exhibits tact and consideration; offers assistance and support to co-workers; works cooperatively in group situations; works actively to resolve conflicts.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required (50 to 100% of the time) to:
- Walk the community.
- Bend, stoop, squat, or kneel to perform routine housekeeping duties such as picking up debris.
- Climb stairs to access upper-level units and interior units with multiple levels.
- Push or pull to move equipment, appliances, and open or close doors.
- Reach above shoulders to perform routine maintenance repairs, stock, and remove equipment.
- Grasp, grip, turn hands, and have finger dexterity to handle sharp objects, maintenance tools, open and
- close ladders, use telephone/pager/two-way radio.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to lift, move, and carry items such as mail, supplies, packages, ladders, cases of paper, soda, or water according to the following frequency:
- Between 1-25 lbs.: Constant Need (50 to 100%)
- Between 25-75 lbs.: Frequent Need (33 to 50%)
- Between 75-150 lbs.: Rare Need (less than 1%)
- Over 150 lbs.: Rare Need (less than 1%)
Lifting and carrying weights exceeding 50 pounds is accomplished with assistance from one or more persons and using appropriate equipment such as carts. Personal protective equipment, such as a back brace, must be worn when needed.
Specific vision abilities frequently required (50 to 100% of the time) by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus to:
- Observe cleanliness or maintenance issues throughout the community.
- Complete forms, review reports, and enter data on the computer.
- Observe areas needing attention or correction.
- Read cautionary labels and respond to written instructions from management.
Speaking and Hearing Requirements
Specific speaking and hearing abilities frequently required (50 to 100% of the time) by this job.
- Verbally communicate via telephone and in person with staff, residents, vendors, etc., for the purpose of receiving information and or direction.
- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
- Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication.
May be scheduled for morning, afternoon, or evening shifts during the regular workweek and on weekends.
No travel is required for this job.
The job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, fax machines, and filing cabinets. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The job duties, qualifications, work environment, and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: In person