Leidos is looking for a Law Clerk I in Washington, D.C. This position will support work for the Civil Division of the DOJ. Overall assignments include:
- Providing support and assistance for DOJ Civil case attorneys which includes significant document review effort.
- Performing legal research and database search support.
- Assisting with case files, preparing filings for the court, privilege review, deposition summaries, and preparing exhibits/binders for depositions and trial.
- Requires complete understanding of legal process and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards.
- Interacting with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Developing solutions to a variety of complex problems. May refer to established precedents and policies.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications [i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, etc.
- J.D OR an equivalent level of legal training may be substituted
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.