KickStart International is seeking an enthusiastic and entrepreneurial Development Administrator to be part of our Development team.
About the Organization:
KickStart International is an award-winning, nonprofit social enterprise committed to fighting poverty, increasing food security, and building resilience to climate change for smallholder farmers across sub-Saharan Africa. We design, mass-market, and distribute durable yet affordable “MoneyMaker” branded, irrigation pumps so that farmers can transition from rain-fed-subsistence farming to commercial irrigated agriculture. Over the past 25+ years, over 250,000 farmers across 17 countries have adopted KickStart's high-quality, affordable irrigation technologies to start profitable agribusinesses. These businesses have gone on to produce enough fruits and vegetables to feed 13 million people a year, and generate $210 million in new profits and farm wages annually– dissolving circumstances of poverty for 1.3 million people.
KickStart was recognized as one of the “Top 100 Best NGOs in the World” in 2012 and 2013 by The Global Journal. The U.S. Department of State presented KickStart with the first-ever Innovation Award for the Empowerment of Women and Girls in 2012. In 2011, Forbes named KickStart to their “Impact 30 List” as one of the world’s leading social entrepreneurs. Fast Company Magazine and the Monitor Group awarded KickStart with a Social Capitalist Award in each of the years 2004-2008.
About the Position:
KickStart is seeking a full-time Development Administrator based in New York City. This position will report to the Senior Development Manager and work in close collaboration with KickStart’s Co-Founder/CEO and Development team, with an emphasis on providing administrative support with overall donor stewardship; managing the database and ensuring data integrity; conducting donor and prospect research; and other duties as needed.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Donor Stewardship Support:
· Work in close collaboration with the Development Team to build relationships with, and secure gifts from, individual donors, family foundations, and institutional donors.
· Assist Development team in designing, developing, and distributing print and online communications to successfully engage and retain donors, such as gift acknowledgements, handwritten notes, and appeal materials.
· Provide planning support and coordination with fundraising events and speaking engagements, including developing guest lists, invitations, collateral, and managing RSVPs.
Database Management & Research:
· Pull reports and queries as needed from database to support giving strategies and communications.
· Create effective research profiles of donor prospects and conference attendees by mining the database and investigating online.
· Manage and maintain our ETapestry database and Sharepoint file-sharing system, ensuring both are organized and up to date with correspondence, proposals, and reports.
· Assist with scheduling and preparing Co-Founder and CEO, and other frontline fundraisers for meetings and conferences with donors and prospects.
· Maintain adequate stock of stationery, postage, collateral, and other supplies as needed.
· Manage the annual online fundraising calendar.
· Provide support in preparing for donor meeting, board meetings, and conferences.
· Answer general inquiries by phone and email during office hours and other administrative tasks as needed.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor's degree preferred
· 1-3 years of professional experience preferred
· Experience or demonstrated interest in international development
· Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and social networking experience required
· Adobe Photoshop experience and graphic design skills a plus
· Experience with fundraising tools/systems including eTapestry and DonorSearch
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Exceptional communication skills required, both written and verbal
· Highly analytical and detail oriented
· Confident and fearless telephone skills required
· Exceptional research skills required
· Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
· Enjoys databases and not afraid to learn new platforms
· Extremely well organized
· Proven ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines
· Emotional maturity and a good sense of humor
· Self-starter, comfortable working in an entrepreneurial, unstructured environment
· Highly motivated and results oriented
· Passionate about international development and commitment to KickStart’s mission/business model
Position may require travel and working on weekends, early in the morning or late in the evening as necessary for donor cultivation events and meetings and/or to collaborate with colleagues overseas.
Please note: No relocation offered for this position.
How to Apply:
To apply, kindly email your cover letter and resume with “Development Administrator” noted in the subject line of your e-mail application. We’re accepting applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled, however preference will be given to candidates who apply before November 7, 2019.
Job Type: Full-time