We are an integrated design firm with a promise to elevate the human experience through design. This fuels the work we do around the world and inspires our mission to improve the lives of our clients, our communities, and our planet. If this sparks your interest, you’re in the right place.
DLR Group has an immediate opening for a Junior Designer / Architect. We operate within a hybrid work model, supporting flexibility between office time and work from home.
Location: Overland Park, KS
DLR Group's hospitality design studios are equally recognized for both our interior and architectural work. We believe that each of these disciplines work seamlessly to contribute to a more wholistic approach to our hotel designs. Our portfolio includes many well-known projects where we created both architecture and the interior design. This collaboration and culture of creative storytelling in the luxury lifestyle market is the key to our success as a design studio working across the globe.
As a Designer with the KC based Hospitality Team at DLR Group you will be responsible for developing architectural designs from conception through design development and support the project team through construction administration. You will also have a part in helping the national team secure work through your interactions with clients and brands. As part of our integrated design team, you will create unique hotels that elevate the "guest" experience through design.
DLR Group is 100% employee-owned and as such you’ll enjoy the opportunity to have ownership in the Firm. We rely on all our employee-owners to apply their financial acumen to grow the Firm profitably.
The successful candidate will:
- Design innovative and distinct hotels nationally and internationally
- Develop creative solutions to design problems.
- Assist in the development of design presentations.
- Participate with all phases of the design process, including programming, concept design, schematic design, design development.
- Assist with project building code reviews and compliance.
- Be able to work and present ideas in a team environment as well as self-manage and self-motivate in a creative environment.
- Produce graphic presentations, including 3D renderings, for client and internal design presentations.
- Contribute to our office and firm culture, initiatives, mentorship, and talent development.
- Professional Accredited Degree in Architecture
- Proficient in the use of computer modeling and rendering software.
- Excel in analytical and problem-solving skills
- Flexibility to travel and participate in design delivery.
- Demonstrated knowledge of SketchUp and Adobe Suite.
- Proficient in the use of Revit.
- Demonstrated ability in the use of Lumion, Enscape, and other rendering software.
DLR Group is an integrated design firm delivering architecture, engineering, interiors, planning, and building optimization for new builds, renovations, and adaptive reuse projects.
We are 100% employee-owned: every employee is literally invested in our clients’ success. At the core of our firm are interdisciplinary teams engaged in every step of project lifecycles. Our teams champion true collaboration, open information sharing, shared risk and reward, value-based decision making, and proficient use of technology to deliver exceptional design. We are pursuing the goals of the 2030 Challenge, the ME2040, and the SE2050, and are an initial signatory of the China Accord and the AIA 2030 Commitment.
Through our values – commitment, creativity, environmental stewardship, fun, integrity, ownership, sharing, teamwork – we elevate the human experience through design, together.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.