Social & Scientific Systems (SSS) works to improve public health worldwide by providing technical, research, and program management services to government, nonprofit, and commercial clients. The SSS team offers a synergy of expertise in clinical research services, epidemiology and public health studies, health data management and analysis, and program evaluation and policy analysis. Please join our dedicated staff of employee-owners in an environment that values diversity and supports health, well-being, and professional growth.
SSS is currently seeking an Epidemiologist to conduct studies in diabetes and obesity on behalf of The National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK). This is a 100% research position that has produced numerous nationally significant papers. Research opportunities include data analysis of national health surveys such as the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey. Computer programmers expert in handling these large databases provide programming support. PhD-level biostatistical support is also available.
- Doctoral degree in epidemiology; or a medical degree or a doctoral-degree in a related field with training in epidemiology; Candidates must have a minimum of one year of research experience following completion of the doctoral degree.
- Experience in analyzing studies in epidemiologic or public health contexts using a range of univariate and multivariate statistical techniques.
- Experience or interest in the design and implementation of epidemiological surveys.
- Demonstrated writing ability and experience in preparing manuscripts for publication in peer- reviewed journals.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team of epidemiologists, statisticians and computer programmers.
- Demostrated experience in diabetes and/or obesity studies is desirable.