Sign-on bonus up to $10,000 and relocation assistance available!
ColonialWebb is seeking an experienced Construction Project Manager to manage mechanical building construction projects in Central Virginia. Join our winning team and help bring buildings to life!
- This position is based out of our Richmond, VA headquarters. Depending on your current assignment you’ll report to the office or sometimes from our site-based office operations.
- Projects are in Central Virginia.
What you’ll do:
- Act as primary business manager for ColonialWebb on construction projects.
- Primary responsibility for the redemption of equipment, material and subcontractor estimates. Secondary responsibility for labor and other costs.
- Purchasing responsibility for the majority of non-commodity items, as well as the release thereof.
- Responsible for submittal, operations and maintenance and closeout process.
- Negotiation and pricing of all change orders.
- Development of the initial schedule for ColonialWebb work on the project.
- Responsible for submission of RFIs and review of responses to determine scope impact.
- Provide project information to Construction Manager for job Superintendent, to Fabrication Division, and to Start-up Supervisor.
- Interface with Detailing Department, including, but not limited to providing required detailing information, work to resolve conflicts, discussion of ideas to increase project profitability
- Planning and coordinating with Construction Manager on requirements of the projects as they relate to scheduling, sequence, production and quality.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with the general contractor’s Project Manager.
- Interpretation of project specification and decision making for choices relating to equipment and materials.
What we’re looking for:
Experience, Education, and Certifications:
- Hands-on project management experience of commercial construction projects in excess of $10M (single project) or the Mechanical portion of a total contract valuing $5+M.
- Demonstrated responsibility for projects lasting a year or more.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (preferably, Mechanical, but Civil is acceptable), Building Construction, or Construction Engineering Management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong analysis, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated skills, experience and proficiency with technology, including knowledge and experience using Microsoft Excel and project management software.
- Demonstrate acumen for business to include knowledge and interest of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, accounting, cost forecasting, resource allocation, and coordination of people and resources.
- Ability to deal diplomatically with internal and external customers at various levels within an organization—i.e., owners, GC’s, subcontractors, engineers, superintendents, draftsmen, etc.
- Client management skills; able to manage customer relationships, perceptions and expectations.
- Production management skills; ability to visualize, plan, and execute to achieve budgeted goals.
- Knowledge of construction equipment and techniques, drawings, and specifications.
- Knowledge of building materials, engineering standards, and codes.
- Ability to handle a dynamic, evolving, and fast-paced workload under deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Capable of maintaining a high energy level to handle an evolving and fast-paced workload.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and willing/able to travel to job sites.
- Pass a driving record check, criminal background check, and drug screen.
Personal and Professional Attributes:
- Initiative; self-motivated (driven), self-starter.
- Professional demeanor and positive attitude.
- Insight; ability to gather and make sense of new information.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
What we will offer you:
- Sign-on bonus up to $10,000.
- Relocation assistance.
- Excellent compensation based on experience and qualifications.
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
- Medical, dental, vision, and Rx drug insurance.
- Life and accidental death insurance.
- Short and Long-Term Disability insurance.
- Personal Leave, Paid Holidays, and Bereavement Leave.
- Opportunities for career growth, training, and development.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral incentives.
- Scholarship program for employees’ children.
- Discounts at major cell phone, computer, and automotive companies.
- And so much more…
ColonialWebb is one of the largest commercial, mechanical, and electrical contractors in the Mid-South, specializing in Construction, Service, Industrial Refrigeration, and Manufacturing. We provide service to customers ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies. Whether it’s a school, mall, office tower, hospital, hotel, museum, mission critical facility, or a manufacturing plant, our extensive experience in new construction prepares us for innovative and unique projects throughout the construction process, including preconstruction services, engineering, BIM, construction, and system commissioning. We bring buildings to Life.
How to Apply:
Apply online at www.ColonialWebb.com/careers. EOE M/F/Disability/Vets
Job Type: Full-time