ABOUT: GERARD DAREL
Founded in 1971 by Gerard and Daniele Darel, the company runs its business out of its headquarters in Paris, France. The charm and essence of Gerard Darel lies in the timeless top-quality women’s wear and accessories collections. Products are seamlessly incorporated into the lives and wardrobe of elegant modern women. Darel’s designs accent a woman’s independence, strength and personal style, rather than dictating them. Designed for morning to night, the clothes embody a vibrant modern lifestyle, they are beautiful, easy to wear and lend themselves to versatility.
A Gerard Darel Sales Professional is self-motivated, fast-paced, a multi-tasker and goal oriented. Our top Sales Professionals demonstrate strong attention to detail, organization, and are reliable and efficient. Above all, our team truly enjoys the whole retail experience and love what they do!
This full-time opening is at our Sherman Oaks Bloomingdale's location.
- At GERARD DAREL our sales professionals exhibit a passion for our product and clients, creates exceptional one-of-a-kind experiences and identifies the clients’ needs by providing a customized shopping experience.
- The ideal candidate must be team and goal oriented, able to provide a positive and welcoming environment for all clients, capable of engaging, building and maintaining a client base, and achieve/exceed sales objectives.
- Other qualities include: ability to communicate effectively with clients, colleagues, and management, exhibit an energetic outgoing personality, and always maintain a positive attitude.
- 2+ years of luxury retail sales experience. Department store background a plus.
Job Responsibilities (Full Time Sales Specialists)
- Responsible to achieve/exceed individual and shop sales goals.
- Awareness of current fashion trends.
- Provide each client with exceptional service from greeting and acknowledging every customer, provide knowledge of the entire product line, suggestive selling, wardrobing and maintaining excellent standards.
- Maintains knowledge of current and upcoming promotional opportunities.
- Executes promotional campaigns, product placement, and timely marketing strategies.
- Ensures store standards are maintained (i.e. merchandising, visuals, marketing, shipment processing/receipts, cleanliness, inventory levels, backroom organization, safety etc.) in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Ability to work both as part of a productive team and independently.
- Maintains inventory reliability through accurate processing of register transactions (sales, returns, and exchanges), loss prevention standards and providing accurate information to clients.
Requirements and Qualifications
- REQUIRED: Minimum of 2-3 years of sales experience in a luxury retail environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, POS systems, and possess excellent and clear communication skills.
- Capability to move objects (up to 50 lbs) while working on the selling floor and backroom.
- Ability to work flexible hours including morning, mid, evening and weekend shifts (FULL TIME: 32+ HOURS A WEEK).
- We offer competitive pay
- We offer a seasonal staff outfit package
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
A Sales Professional forms and maintains professional relationships with peers, executives and clients. A Gerard Darel Selling Specialist is flexible to the varying requirements of the business and complies with the Gerard Darel standards, procedures and policies.
Job Type: Full-time
- sales: 2 years (Required)