Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG) the world’s 5th largest financial group in the world with total assets of over $2.4 trillion (as ranked by SNL Financial, April 2016) and 140,000 colleagues in nearly 50 countries. In the U.S., we’re 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that’s working to fulfill its vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group.
- May perform basic customer service and operational functions after a limited
amount of training.
- Will require assistance with more complex issues.
- Will meet all minimum production goals and quality standards.
- Will need close supervision and specific instruction.
- Basic analytical skills required.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely processing of ACH Direct Deposit,
Prearranged Payment files, Federal Recurring files and Corporate Tax
- Provide accurate response to basic ACH, and EDI inquiries from Corporate
and Consumer Clients, Department Users, and Financial Institutions.
- Responsible for a high level of incoming/outgoing customer service calls
to/and from Corporate, Individual and Department User clients.
- Obtain necessary regulatory certifications, as mandated by Bank policy,
including but not limited to BSA/AML, Privacy, and Elder Abuse Certifications.
- Research and resolve Federal Recurring Reclamations.
- Work with Federal Agencies as required.
- Research and resolve ACH, and EDI exception items such as rejects, returns,
deletes/reversal, suspends and rejected File Processing.
- Research and resolve Regulation E Claims, PTT Returns, Unresolved
Returns, XCP Exception processing and resolve basic Risk Limit Exceptions.
- Process all incoming and outgoing electronic data transmissions for ACH and
- Validate and balance receiving and origination files for all ACH/ EFT items.
- Window Balancing
- Complete and process general ledger request within established timeframes.
- Perform other duties assigned.
- Typically requires a high school diploma or GED and 1 - 2 years of technical
- Can research basic issues related to transactions and systems.
- Possess ability to recognize cases that require escalation to management
and/or filing of a Questionable Activity Report.
- Decision making and problem solving is moderate.
- Good analytical skills required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.