Are you excited at the prospect of unlocking the secrets held by a data set? Are you fascinated by the possibilities presented by the IoT, machine learning, and artificial intelligence advances? In an increasingly connected world, massive amounts of structured and unstructured data open up new opportunities. As a data scientist, you can turn these complex data sets into useful information to solve global challenges. Across private and public sectors — from fraud detection, to cancer research, to national intelligence — you know the answers are in the data.
We have an opportunity for you to use your leadership and analytical skills to improve data insight discovery to support the DoD. You’ll work closely with your customer to understand their questions and needs, and then dig into their data-rich environment to find the pieces of their information puzzle. You’ll mentor teammates, develop algorithms, write scripts, build predictive analytics, use automation, apply machine learning, and use the right combination of tools and frameworks to turn that set of disparate data points into objective answers to help DoD decision-makers make informed decisions. You’ll provide your customer with a deep understanding of their data, what it all means, and how they can use it. Join us as we use data science for good in the DoD.
Empower change with us.
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with creating data packages in the form of databases, reports, and visualization and communicating ongoing data science activities, technical findings, and data products for both technical and non-technical customers
- Experience with extracting relevant features from large data stores containing open source, PIA, and CAI, bad records, partial records, errors, or other forms of “noiseing”
- Experience with extracting features from open source information stored in a wide range of possible formats, including JSON, XML, raw text logs, industry-specific encodings, and graph link data
- Experience with applying descriptive and inferential statistics to describe data and make predictions about the data, including statistical tests to determine confidence for a hypothesis, common summary statistics such as mean, variance, and counts, and fit distributions to datasets and use those distributions to predict event likelihoods
- Experience with executing data science methods using programming or scripting languages: Python, Java, Scala, or R, such as statistics
- TS/SCI clearance
- BA or BS degree
- Experience with project management
- Experience with applying natural language processing, computer vision, signal processing, and speaker and speech recognition algorithms to identify objects in text, image, video, and audio files
- Experience with executing data science methods using parallel computing frameworks, including deeplearning4j, Torch, Tensor Flow, Caffe, Neon, NVIDIA CUDA Deep Neural Network library (cuDNN), and OpenCV and distributed data processing frameworks, including Hadoop, such as HDFS, Hbase, Hive, Impala, Giraph, Sqoop, or Spark, inlcuding MLib, GraphX, SQL, and Dataframes
- PMP Certification
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance is required.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.