Job specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
Stampede Ventures, Inc. is seeking a Truck Driver in Nome, AK to operate a variety of on-road trucks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
QUALIFICATIONS - EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
Required (Minimum) Qualifications
- Operate and drive trucks in various configurations.
- Oversee condition of vehicle for safety and conformance with Federal and State laws.
- Perform pre- and post- safety checklists on truck prior to and following hauling.
- Coordinate with SVI mechanic to perform preventive and minor maintenance.
- Monitor vehicle performance and mechanical fitness.
- Observe and obey all Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations in the operation of truck.
- Record and turn in all information on each delivery.
- Maintain driver log book.
- Effectively communicate with managers and other employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Class A CDL valid for on-road operations.
- Current valid med card on file with DOT.
- Clean driving record.
- Previous experience required,
- Must meet citizenship requirements to work in the state of Alaska and the United States.
- Ability to communicate both orally and writing with internal and external clients and co-workers.
- Ability to lift items that are 50 lbs or more.
- Ability to comply with all relevant US traffic laws and regulations.
- Ability to comply with OSHA safety standards.
- Ability to perform essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations and limited supervision.
- Must be a steady, reliable worker.
- Must be able to perform tasks independently after being given specific instructions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Additional endorsements helpful.
- Three (3) years or more previous experience.
Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for bending, stooping, sitting, walking or standing for prolonged periods of time; working requirements are a combination of maintenance shop activities which require lifting, handling or moving up to 50 lbs, working in on top of or beneath vehicles or equipment on jacks/stands; and office settings for data entry and reporting. Proper wearing of Personal Protective Equipment is essential along with hearing protection when required.
Work Environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be borne by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The work described herein is primarily active, performed in a maintenance shop setting. Walking and climbing will be required at work sites. The work environment involves risks or discomforts that require specific safety precautions typical of such places as vehicle and maintenance shop environments.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFYING FACTORS:
- No supervisory responsibilities.
As a condition of employment, may be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening, as well as have acceptable reference and background check results. Must have reliable transportation to/from work.
BSNC gives hiring, promotion, training and retention preference to BSNC shareholders, BSNC shareholder descendants and BSNC shareholder spouses, in that order.
Bering Straits Native Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/ AA/ Male/ Female/ Disability/ Vets employer.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. We are a drug free workplace.
Visit our website at
www.beringstraits.com for more details and to apply.
# of Vacancies