The Savage River Lodge in Western Maryland is looking for a full-time Lodge Chef to work in our on-property restaurant. Pre (and hopefully post) Covid, the Lodge restaurant was open for lunch and dinner daily, breakfast on the weekends, and hosts a variety of fun events from wine tastings and barbecues to private dinners and corporate retreats.
During the pandemic, we have focused solely on our overnight guests. We’re currently offering room service menus only, with minimal breakfast and lunch options, and a full, seasonally changing, dinner menu. The menus focus on in-season and local favorites and change with the four seasons.
The Lodge Chef has creative freedom over all menus, features, and special events; working closing with our General Manager (and Certified Executive Chef) Martin Galloway for final menu approval. To view our current menu visit our website: https://www.savageriverlodge.com/dining. The opportunity for full creative freedom with minimal oversight exists for the right candidate.
Salaried pay starts at $35,568 and goes up depending on experience and skill level. The position is a required 45 hours per week, Wednesday through Sunday.
The Chef is responsible for all areas of food operation.
Savage River Lodge offers partially paid medical benefits, a week’s paid vacation per year, Maryland Sick & Safe Leave, and paid holidays (all after a 90-day waiting period).
Related keywords: chef, executive chef, restaurant, cook
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $35,568.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
We have totally changed how our business operates to accommodate Covid-19 precautions. We can discuss all measures in the interview, as they are too numerous
- professional kitchen: 5 years (Required)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place