Pleasant View Home is an award-winning mentor home that promotes teamwork, culture change and staff empowerment. You will be a valued member of a community where people love to work and care for our appreciative residents.
This is a full-time, combined position as follows:
The Accounts Payable Clerk manages the accounts payable process in an accurate and timely manner by reviewing invoices for appropriate documentation, obtaining approval for payment, printing and distributing checks, providing reports and completing the reconciliation cycle. Other basic accounting duties may be requested.
The Office Assistant duties include serving as a backup for the front desk receptionist, and compiling, printing and distributing the monthly newsletter. Microsoft Publisher is used for this purpose at this time. Other office staff will provide projects as time permits.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year of experience in an accounts payable or bookkeeping position
- Creative experience with software for flyers, posters, newsletters, brochures, or advertising.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Associate’s degree in the field of accounting or equivalent training
- Two years of experience in a bookkeeping or accounting clerk position
- Experience handling a variety of office projects and responsibilities
1. Problem solving and basic financial analysis
2. Customer service techniques
3. Ability to take initiative; work without much supervision
4. Ethical conduct
5. Well-developed organizational skills
6. Attentive to details and accuracy
7. Adaptive to change
8. Communication skills using the English language, both written and verbal
9. Experience and interest in learning various computer software, including desktop publishing
10. Intermediate data entry skills