The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon made its debut from Studio 6B in Rockefeller Center on Feb. 17, 2014. Emmy Award- and Grammy Award-winning comedian Jimmy Fallon brings a high-tempo energy to the storied NBC franchise with his welcoming interview style, love of audience participation, spot-on impersonations and innovative sketches. For almost 60 years, "The Tonight Show" has been an American television institution home to big-name celebrity guests and top musical and comedic talent. Taking a cue from predecessors, including hosts Johnny Carson and Jay Leno, Fallon carries on the tradition audiences know and love.
Internships may include (but are not limited to):
Daily responsibilities and projects may include (but are not limited to):
The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon is seeking enthusiastic, excited, and talented interns to work with us for the Summer 2019 semester. TSJF internship departments include general production, script, music, research, social media, human interest and costumes. Regardless of department, all interns will have the opportunity to stand in during rehearsals, assist with audience load in, and perform miscellaneous production runs and tasks on an as-needed basis. Interns will gain knowledge and understanding of what goes into producing a daily late night comedy show.
Interns should have experience in entertainment production. An ideal candidate is eager and excited to do any task they are given. We are looking for people who have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, act independently, take initiative, and help the show from the ground up.
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress
- Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal
- Need to be able to work on-site in New York, NY
Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by February 1, 2019
Summer Program Dates:
May – August 2019
- Desired Backgrounds: Communications, Digital/New Media, English, Film/TV Production, Fine Arts, Journalism, Media Studies, Public Relations
- Desired Characteristics: Strong written and oral communication skills, organized, detail oriented, team player
- Flexible schedule with at least two (2) to four (4) days of availability; three (3) days is preferred
- Previous internship experience or on-campus leadership
Sub-BusinessCampus Programs Interns
The NBCUniversal Internship Program is an experience like no other. We offer diversity of opportunities, with unique internships across our iconic portfolio of brands. Through unparalleled access to the best in the business, hands-on training & one-of-a-kind networking events, our interns have the chance to influence change. Our interns are ambitious, innovative and savvy; they shape the way we do things. Here you can contribute as content creators, problem solvers & innovators. Here you can learn the power and possibilities of media and technology. Here you can go far.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.