The Executive Chef is in charge of all kitchen responsibilities. Their responsibility will include managing
staff, food preparation, menus, as well as administrative duties such maintaining adequate supplies. The
Executive Chef reports to the Property Manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Managing all kitchen staff, including the hiring, discipline and termination, training, salary and work
- Creating menus to appeal to the theme of the restaurant and its patrons. Create meals that are tasty,
visually appealing and meat the dietary requirements established by a dietitian.
- Approving all prepared food before it leaves the kitchen.
- Monitor the efficiency of the cooks to ensure all meals are prepared within schedule.
- Maintain a spotless kitchen at all times. Ensure the utmost proper hygiene by monitoring staff for
clean and proper uniforms, personal grooming and food handling.
- Ensure all safety procedures are being followed and the kitchen meets all federal, state, local health,
safety and sanitation standards.
- Responsible for quickly rectifying any problems that may arise so that there is no disturbance to the
- Willing to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- On occasion meet with the Property Manager to exchange information on the management of
the kitchen. Including menu changes, staffing needs, spending approval and quality control.
- Ordering and maintaining all kitchen supplies.
- Prepare and maintain a budget for all kitchen finances.
- Supervises all kitchen staff.
Education & Experience
- High school graduate
- Formal training program from a certified culinary arts school demonstrating a certain level of
- Experience as a Sous Chef
Knowledge, Skills & Proficiencies
- Creativity with developing meals
- Ability to multi-task, delegate and work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Excellent leadership and training skills
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Must have very good team building skills
Tools & Equipment Used
- Kitchen utensils
- Cleaning detergents and equipment
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Very good sense of taste and smell and manual dexterity
- Physical stamina to stand for long periods of time and work at least 12 hours per day
- Must be able to work in a crowded and a hot temperature area due to the constant cooking and hot
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. This is not an all-inclusive job description;
therefore, management has the right to assign or reassign schedules, duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.