The Design Consultant / Retail Sales Associate is responsible for maximizing sales and delivering an exceptional guest experience. In this exciting role, you are creating lasting relationships while assisting clients with the selection, customization, and purchase of merchandise. In this retail sales role, the Design Consultant will have the ability to read each clients need for assistance, and match their requirements to the benefits of the merchandise.
As a Design Consultant / Retail Sales Associate, you will be providing customer service and space planning assistance, as well as maintaining a sales driven focus.
If this sounds like the type of environment that you would flourish in, we invite you to apply for our opening at 12575 San Jose Blvd in Mandarin.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates strong product knowledge (furniture, accessories, fabrics, etc.).
- Meets required monthly sales and productivity standards.
- Maintains a contact list to organize, generate and cultivate business.
- Performs proactive and consistent follow-up with all guests before and after the sale as well as after delivery.
- Works to improve performance based on feedback provided by store management.
- Promptly solves guest concerns.
- Performs all opening and closing duties as directed included housekeeping duties.
- Accurately performs all systems functions and maintain operational standards
- Works in collaboration with all team members
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma required. College preferred
- Some work experience in a retail environment
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Intermediate computer literacy
- Ability to work independently with little supervision/self-motivated
- Ability to work well with others
- Must be willing to work extended hours as needed.
To perform this retail sales position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Competitive earnings and generous employee discount
- Medical, dental, and life insurance benefits (Programs differ between full-time and part-time employees. Benefits vary based on position)
- 401K retirement program with employer matching
- Paid vacations and holidays (Full-time employees only)
Job Type: Full-time
- retail: 1 year (Required)