The traffic control foreman is responsible for the safe and proper setup of MOT. We require that they be committed to the total Ajax team effort by contributing to the proper completion of the work as directed by the Area Construction Manager.
1. Meet with project superintendent to discuss job.
2. Review MOT plan requirements.
3. Check job site for potential problems.
4. Oversee MOT setup and pick up. Check signs.
5. Brief employees on safety and setup
6. Coordinate activities between pavers, mill crew and stripers.
SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAL
1. Enforce all rules listed in the Ajax employee handbook.
2. Insure all Ajax quality standards are met.
3. Insure adherence to all federal, state, local and Ajax Safety and Environmental Rules and Regulations.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
1. Field operation – Work is exposed to outdoor conditions, noise and heat.
2. Ability to work days, nights and weekends as required.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The essential functions of this position includes sitting, standing, walking, climbing, reaching, bending, trunk movements, lifting minimum of 45 lbs., carrying, pushing/pulling, low level work, dexterity of hands and fingers, seeing, hearing and talking.
2. Ability to work well with subordinates, peers and supervisors
ATTENDANCE AND RELIABILITY
1. Reporting to work on time, after lunch, and not leaving early unless authorized.
2. Always providing proper notification and advance notice of absence.
3. Not abusing or taking advantage of personal days off.
4. Performing such other duties as may be required.
Position Requirements: 1 year of maintenance of traffic experience
Advanced MOT Certification
Clear driving record to be able to drive an Ajax vehicle
Equal Opportunity Employer /Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: In person