Senior Field Service Technician (HVAC, Electrician or Controls)
Silent Aire - Mission Critical Services in Ashburn, VA USA
$30.00 - $36.00
Dental, Medical, Vision, Life, 401K
Why Work Here?
“We are looking for talented, motivated individuals who want to become part of a team that is passionate about quality and safety.”
- Will work unsupervised and capable of making informed decisions to complete the tasks as instructed.
- Will complete detailed end of day reports with complete accountability for the time spent on the task.
- Has the ability to identify and report the difference between amanufacturingand a Construction deficiency.
ESSENTIAL TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Fully understands electrical, mechanicaland control systems.
- Must be able to read and understand mechanicaland electricaldrawings.
- Able to assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Fully understands and has mastered the fundamentals of temperature and humidity measurement and control in air conditioning units.
- Can identify the componentsandunderstanding how each component works, diagnosing problems associated with the equipment, use meters, and other handheld tools to perform maintenance and to troubleshoot.
- Basic knowledge of Windows Office Programs (Outlook, Excel, Word …)
ESSENTIAL WORK SKILLS
- Must possess excellent written communications skills
- Has developed time management skills
- Has developed oral communications skills
- Has developed basic multitasking skills
- Has developed basic organizational skills to work efficiently
- Must be able to work well with other technicians and tradesman
- Can give direction to clearly complete tasks to other team members based on the Leads direction and execute them.
- Runs the day to day site crews based on the direction of the lead mechanic.
- Must have a strong desire tocontinue to develop their knowledge base
ESSENTIAL TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Electric Motors (3-phase and 1-phase)
- Electric motor controls (contractors, starters, relays, disconnect, thermostats, etc.)
- Various types of water pumps
- Intake and exhaust fans
- Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs)
- Electrical component troubleshooting
- Understands VFDs
- The Technician must be able to proficiently demonstrate the following tasks:
ESSENTIAL DAILY JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Check in with Manager after the end of each workday while in the Field
- During and or at the end of each day/job complete all company provided forms to the fullest extent possible.
- Obtain client signature on company provided forms where applicable.
- Hand in paperwork at the end of each trip for processing in sequential order.
- Ensure all receipts or invoices for expenses have job numbers and get sent to the correct person.
- Ensure all excess materials used for each job are listed properly and documented.Assist on job sites with other Silent Aire Field Technicians as needed
- Answer all office emails/calls in a timely manner.
- Secure parts and tools needed throughout the day for various jobs as required.
- Report all warranty repairs to the Manager or field supervisor and provide the necessary info needed to report back to the plant if it is a Silent Aire internal problem.
- Set expectations to other team members.
- Consult Manager or field supervisor in times of uncertainty.
- Constantly in contact with customer, general contractors, and other Silent-Aire employees
- Active participant in daily construction, commissioning, and team meetings
ESSENTIAL OVERALL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Must be able to build client confidence in company.
- Must respect and strictly adhere to the non-disclosure policies, on the job site and away.
- Provide information to management on training needs and courses of interest.
- Responsible for the daily preparation of the parts and tools for each day’s activities.
- Complete work in a timely and workmanlike manner.
- Coordinate with dispatcher for the use of company tools and ensure they are returned to the office in a timely manner.
- Must maintain all safety equipment at all times
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent GED certificate
- Must have at least an Apprentice license or at least ten years of trade-related work experience, OR any similar combination of education and experience
- Must gain excellent logistical knowledge of customer’s onsite practices.
- Must be able to drive to local job sites on a request basis
- On-call and overtime hours as needed
- Good hygiene and cleanliness is required at all times
- Follow all company policies and lead by example
About Silent Aire - Mission Critical Services:
Headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada Silent-Aire employs over 900 people, with manufacturing facilities in Edmonton, Alberta; Gilbert, Arizona; and Dublin, Ireland and sales/service centers in Seattle, Washington and Ashburn, Virginia.
At the heart of our company are our employees that strive to produce the best possible products and services. Our engineering team of over 40 professionals uses their knowledge of customer requirements, and a unique blend of experience and innovation to develop and produce the world’s best HVAC and mission critical solutions.
The driver that makes us strong, and ensures quality, safety, and performance, is our culture of continuous improvement. This culture enforces a shared commitment to consistently look toward the future and to embrace opportunities for growth. It’s a priority for all areas of our company, with every employee engaged in finding new ways to do things better and more efficiently, as we strive to exceed our client’s expectations
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30.00 to $36.00 /hour