Customer Service Representatives at Tyndale strive for excellence in every interaction by handling all incoming customer calls in a professional, friendly, accurate, and timely manner. They are product and service knowledge experts, and support the growth of the organization daily. Customer Service Representatives are the voice of Tyndale and are the front line to offering top notch customer service excellence. They are organized and efficient with excellent time management skills, and seek to exceed customer expectations 100% of the time. This position is a 10:30AM to 7:00PM, M-F opportunity.
PARTIALLY REMOTE: Tyndale supports a strong work-life balance. This opportunity is a work from home role on a regularly-scheduled basis requiring 1 day each week onsite, and 4 days working remotely. To be considered, candidates must reside within a commutable distance from our Tyndale headquarters in Pipersville, PA (Bucks County).
*Follow this link to learn more about a day in the life of a Customer Service representative: https://vimeo.com/479082785/b3ace0fd22
- Enter phone orders quickly and accurately. Ensure that the employees DLD, shipping address, part numbers, logos and order type is correct;
- Check customer allowance balances and verify the information is correct. Troubleshoot allowance problems and escalate to the Customer Service Manager when necessary;
- Handle catalog requests and send to the appropriate person;
- Process Rush and Same Day order requests;
- Answer inquiries regarding delivery dates, backordered items and track customer shipments if necessary;
- Assist customers in selecting appropriate merchandise;
- Transfer calls to the appropriate department as required, or contact other departments to obtain information to questions you cannot answer;
- Clearly communicate issues that you cannot solve to the Customer Service Manager in a timely manner;
- Work with team members well and communicate with them effectively;
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned;
- High school diploma or equivalent required;
- More than one year of prior Customer Service experience;
- Must be detail oriented;
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills;
- Solid computer knowledge, some typing skills and ability to enter orders while on the telephone;
- Ability to multi-task and handle many different requests at once;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle a large volume of phone calls daily;
- Effectively handle upset customers and stressful situations;
- Possess a moderate level of product knowledge preferred, but not required;
- Works well with team members and is personable;
- Competitive pay-rate;
- Great family-friendly culture, with proven track record of company growth;
- Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental and Vision insurance; 401k with company match; Paid Holidays, Jury Duty and Bereavement Leave, STD/LTD, Company-wide Bonus Plan, and product discount;
- Paid Maternity & Paternity Leave;
- Tuition and Professional Development Assistance;
- Complete Wellness program includes free healthy snacks, on-Demand fitness classes, and a corporate discount on health-tracking devices;
- Generous Paid Time Off Package.
Tyndale Company, Inc., located in Pipersville, PA, is a single-supplier solution for keeping workers safe, comfortable, and regulation-compliant. We deliver top-quality, arc-rated flame resistant (FR) clothing and uniforms by way of managed apparel programs, driven by over 30 years of FR experience. We serve electric utilities, oil and gas, transportation, and other industries across all 50 states. We are a family owned company and we believe that the key to our success is our employees. Because of this, Tyndale has been recognized as an employee-rated Top Workplace in the Greater Philadelphia area. Our values are exhibited in every phone call, every order, and every shipment that goes out with our name on it, and we are dedicated to continually raising the bar on the products and services we offer.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply on our website, www.tyndaleusa.com/careers.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.00 - $22.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Weekly day range:
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Houston, TX 77038