Here — we’re building a different type of patient experience. Based in South Florida, the way we approach things in healthcare, we improve the quality of people's lives. Our medication assistance is more like e-commerce logistics than a traditional healthcare agency, with an emphasis in providing our clients with education and awareness.
We understand that technologists & engineers have a strong sense of art and integrity, and are happier being a part of a team that promotes those values.
Who we’re looking for:
Right now, we’re looking for a mid-to-senior level Full Stack Developer to build amazing work and take part in our technology process, and interface with our low-mid level devlopers as well as our support staff.
This person should have at least 3 years experience working in a full stack engineering role.
The person we’re looking for is happy, relaxed and easy to get along with. They’re flexible on anything except conceits that will lower their usually outstanding work quality. They work “smart”, by carefully managing their workflow and staggering features that have dependencies intelligently — they prefer “deep” work but are OK coming up to the surface now and then for top level / strategic conversations. The person also has a GitHub, BitBucket, or similar account, from where we can have a look at his / her beautiful work.
Key Technology Competencies:
- Some experience with TDD and/or BDD.
- Extensive backend development experience with one or more of Ruby, Python, C#, PHP, C++, GO or similar, and a general familiarity with backend frameworks likes Rails, Django, Phalcon, YII, etc.
- Fluency in SQL Databases, NoSQL Databases, Cloud Storage APIs, etc.
- Fluency in TCP, XML, SIP and other web protocols & patterns.
- Experience with building secure web applications, troubleshooting, well scalable applications, etc.
- Extensive experience with API architecture design, and knowledge of CURL, REST, SOAP, oAuth2.0, JSONAPI, others.
- Extensive experience with AWS and a core understanding of best practices such as EC2, VPC, RDS & credential management (IAM).
- Production Experience with one Heroku, Cloud66, Elastic Beanstalk, EC2, Kubernetes or Docker.
- CI/CD experience.
Nice to Have Competencies:
We’re always pitching for new and exciting technology niches. Some of the areas below are exciting to us!
- eCommerce Experience, ideally with WP, Woocommerce, Authorize.net & Stripe Connect.
- Twilio, Twilio XML, Twilio studio and other SIP based technologies such as Clickatell, SMSAPI, ASTERISK, VICIDIAL...
- Open Source Contributions & experience with Semantic Versioning.
- Native IDEs, Languages & Low Level experience, Git, Bitrepos, XCode, Android Studio, Swift, Rust, C & C++, Clang & LLVM, Electron, Nan & V8.
- Hands on experience Zenhub, Trello or Similar.
- Love for Unit Testing.
- Some enthusiasm for bug hunting.
How we work:
We believe that there’s a better balance between the poles of freelancing & full time, and for that reason we work differently than most shops:
- Equity Sharing: We put aside a portion of our company equity to be distributed, through a simple calculation based on the overall efficiency throughout the year, and time that has been with the company.
- Investment Hours: We stop work most Friday afternoons to spend time working on side projects, learning new technologies, working on art or music projects, and generally taking time for the things we’d usually never make time for.
- Ideas & Products: In our spare time, we work to build our own internal services to diversify & bolster our income. We create amazing technology services for our patients, so why not for the company?
- Optional 401k: Our payroll provider integrations with 401k to provide employees a way to save for retirement, without all that tax.
- Transparency & Ownership: We release out Profit & Loss statements to the community each year, and talk business & money with everyone in the company. We’re proud to run our business with integrity, and for that reason we share everything with our team & community.
- Anti-bloat & Efficiency: Every business tends toward complexity as time goes on, introducing procedural bloat and middle management. We instead employs a lean, flat management structure that can only work in a small, carefully curated team like ours. The outcome: we can move quickly and with precision, while never feeling over-managed.
- We chill too!Wether it’s gallery afternoons, our halloween parties, we do what we can to break up the work week.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year