Foundation Constructors, Inc. is currently seeking an experienced Estimating Assistant to join their team in Oakley, CA.
This position is the principle resource supporting the estimating department in the areas of organization, tracking, and facilitating the bidding management and submission process.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the acknowledgement, gathering, logging and tracking of incoming bids and project opportunities from clients.
- Reviews invitations to bid for applicable scopes of work.
- Maintenance, updates, and distribution of the bid list, bid packages, addendums and documentation to ensure complete, accurate and timely bid processing and information flow.
- Ordering of drawings, gathering and submitting prequalification packages, coordination of SBE/ LBE/MBE/DBE requirements and related good faith efforts.
- Assist or prepare the necessary bid or proposal documents for timely distribution and submission.
- Communicates, coordinates, or directs the client’s needs to the appropriate estimator, engineer, or project manager.
- Develops a job setup for awarded projects or services to be provided.
Additionally, the successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- 2 years of commercial construction experience supporting the estimating process
- A high proficiency and use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- A high attention to detail, accuracy, timing and multitasking.
- Exceptional telephone, listening, and organizational skills.
- The ability to provide leadership, communication, and collaboration with others to support a rewarding and successful team environment.
- An AA, BA, or BS degree would be a significant plus.
Foundation Constructors, Inc. is a 47-year-old employee owned company. We offer an exceptional wage and benefits package with the opportunity for career advancement and company ownership. Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- construction estimating support: 2 years (Preferred)