L3 Space & Sensors is a division of L3 Technologies and we are located in Cincinnati’s northern suburb of Mason, Ohio.
Our Space & Sensors business has an impressive history and is an established pioneer in space exploration and defense technology. We are a Center of Excellence and world renowned for our expertise in the areas of infrared detection and space avionics. It’s no wonder we are consistently named in Fortune’s 500 listing.
At L3 you will have the opportunity to work with highly recognized engineering and manufacturing teams who are engaged in the design, development, and building of highly-sophisticated electronics equipment that are used in a variety of defense and commercial applications.
We are currently seeking a IT SharePoint Administrator.
L3 Technologies is seeking a self-starting, highly motivated IT SharePoint Administrator to become part of a thriving IT group working with Microsoft SharePoint. This position is responsible for creating, maintaining, troubleshooting, and optimizing multiple IT business solutions and systems on this platform that are operated across a nation-wide network, in addition to the following items:
- Plans and executes hands-on projects to grow the capability and improve the sustainability of the SharePoint platform.
- Leads the integration of SharePoint with other solutions for collaboration, and Line-of-Business IT solutions.
- Contributes to the regular revisions of the SharePoint service roadmap, adding perspective about what’s possible, and assessing the technical feasibility of the requests from the business.
- Develops and maintains relationships and partnership with customers, stakeholders, peers, and management.
- Proposes improvements and simplification for business processes before automating on the SharePoint platform.
- Delivers upfront and ongoing training to the Power Users to more efficiently meet the needs of the business using IT solutions.
- Drives and supports the adoption of the service by the broader organization.
- Proactively communicates with management, peers, and customers. Keeps others informed by communicating project status, participating in team meetings, providing presentations, and raising concerns and suggestions.
- Observes and develops policies, and procedures to control and clearly define work processes.
- Develops business case justifications and cost-benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives when required.
- Ensures that the product, service, and processes meet customer, company, quality, industry, and regulatory requirements.
- Ensures that hardware, software, and procedural IT assets are managed according to the documented procedures.
The candidate will perform the following activities related to the SharePoint service:
- Installation and configuration.
- Front End/Back End administration and archival of sites, databases, and content.
- Custom site provisioning.
- Migrations and upgrades.
- Design and continuous improvement of SharePoint sites and other solutions.
- Collaborate with site content owners to improve requested site usability and compliance with company standards
- Creation of forms and workflows with Nintex business process automation software.
- Backup and restoration of content (site collections, sites, and items).
- Monitoring of servers’ health and performance, and management of the Service’s Quality.
- Development and provision of reports and documentation related to systems’ setup and changes.
- Planning of maintenance schedules for the systems under responsibility, according to company processes and procedures.
- Execution of project work prioritized according to the IT Project Portfolio.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor of Science degree and six years of experience as IT Systems Analyst with a focus on SharePoint.
- Formal training and Microsoft certifications in relevant areas are a big plus: MCTS or higher, SharePoint 2007/2013/2016 configuration.
- The candidate will have minimum six years of experience in Information Technology, with hands-on experience in troubleshooting hardware and software solutions.
- Minimum of five years of experience in a SharePoint environment, including version 2007-2016, in at least a medium-to-large company, in the above mentioned roles.
- Experience with project management (planning, control, and closure) is a must.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 or 2012 for the purposes of managing the SharePoint databases is necessary.
- Experience installing and administering a Microsoft SharePoint 2016 Enterprise environment with multi-site access would be a big plus: multiple front-ends with load balancing, two- or three-tiered Production / (Test) / Development environments.
- Working knowledge of integration between SharePoint 2016 and other Microsoft-based systems (e.g. Active Directory, SQL Server Line-of-Business applications, Exchange-based messaging, RSS, or web services).
- Technical writing, including As-Built documentation, Disaster Recovery planning, Development of departmental procedures.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 or newer to occasionally develop custom functionality for SharePoint.
- End-user support, troubleshooting complex problems, and remedial training of non-technical personnel in the use of SharePoint and specific solutions.
- Strong interpersonal and Customer Service skills a big plus, especially during interactions for requirements gathering, project control, and solution deployment.
- Experience with development of Nintex forms, and of automated workflows using the Nintex Workflow tool a plus.
- Experience with creating and supporting business performance dashboards, and interfacing SharePoint with Business Intelligence solutions a plus.
- Sustained experience with Business Process Analysis a plus.
- Experience with CSS, HTML, and Java Script a plus.
- Experience integrating SharePoint with Skype for Business a plus.
- Strong enthusiasm for automation, especially using Microsoft PowerShell, Ruby, or other scripting languages.
- Familiarity with IT service delivery, as well as Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- ITIL knowledge and experience desired, with ITIL Foundations certification a plus.
- Must be able to travel out of town up to 5% of the time in support of other locations, or for business meetings.
Our employees enjoy a generous benefit package which includes the following:
- Competitive Pay
- 9/80 Work Schedule (with every other Friday off)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Plans
- Life and Disability Insurance Plans
- Retirement Savings Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Various Voluntary Benefits
L3 is a publicly held company traded under the LLL symbol. We have over 75 locations globally with more than 30,000 employees whose primary focus is on keeping our nation safe. Our high standards and aggressive growth goals also mean that our employees are eligible for numerous career advancement opportunities.
L3 is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V and we make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
US Security Clearance Required :
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Individual Contributor
: Jan 3, 2019, 6:52:40 PM
: Design And Programming