About DTPM, Inc.:
The molecular diagnostics division of DTPM laboratories focuses on designing, validating, and providing physicians and clinical labs with molecular assays capable of rapidly and accurately identifying disease causing pathogens.
The Clinical Laboratory Molecular Scientist will be tasked with implementation and validation of our real time PCR molecular assays. The successful candidate will have hands on experience with extraction of RNA/DNA from various clinical sample types including, but not limited to mucus, urine, and body fluids. This individual will also have experience performing real-time PCR. Previous experience working in a research or clinical diagnostic laboratory (performing high complexity molecular laboratory tests) with analysis and interpretation of this type of testing is desired but, not required. This position requires a Bachelor’s or Master's degree with a major in: chemistry, biology, molecular biology or a related field with training in molecular biology techniques and/or experience in clinical molecular diagnostics.
· Assist in conducting research to develop methodologies, instrumentation, and procedures for the validation of molecular real-time PCR assays.
· Analyze laboratory findings, present results, and assist in writing laboratory protocols.
· Performs troubleshooting for instruments, methods, and procedures.
· Contribute to the improvement of laboratory processes and procedures.
· Operate, calibrate, and maintain equipment used in molecular analysis.
· Participate in maintaining Quality Assurance and Quality Control per CAP/COLA/CLIA.
· Provide training and guidance to remote laboratory personnel and monitor their work quality.
· Position requires travel up to 80% of the time.
· Experience utilizing real-time PCR technology.
· Extraction of RNA/DNA from various clinical samples.
· Basic knowledge/experience of clinical laboratory regulations (CLIA, COLA, CAP).
· Familiarity with Laboratory Information Systems is desired but, not required.
· Experience with automated liquid handling platforms is desired but, not required.
· Troubleshooting – Must possess problem-solving abilities to determine the cause(s) of operating errors and provide reasonable solutions.
Reporting and Authority:
· The Clinical Laboratory Molecular Scientist will report to the Director of Laboratory Operations or designee.
Job Type: Full-time
Application QuestionsYou have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of Clinical Laboratory experience do you have?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- What percentage of the time are you willing to travel for work?
- This question was written by the employer. You can report inappropriate questions to Indeed by exiting this application and clicking the blue "Report Job" job link below the job description. "This job requires a bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Biology, or related physical science. What is your degree in?"
Job Type: Full-time
- medical laboratory: 1 year (Preferred)
- laboratory: 1 year (Preferred)
- microbiology: 1 year (Preferred)
- medical technologist: 1 year (Preferred)
- accredited clinical laboratory: 1 year (Preferred)