At SitelogIQ, we combine our expertise as consultants with our passion for state-of-the-art energy-saving solutions and technology. We work together with our clients to achieve their goals of lower operating costs, reduced carbon footprint, and increased property values all while exceeding their expectations for service and project management. With offices in California, Colorado, Texas, and Georgia, SitelogIQ has become a market leader by applying its business process approach to recent innovations in efficiency technology.
Position Overview: This position will be responsible for conducting initial and extensive field surveys/audits of existing lighting systems for commercial and multi-family housing sites, prior to lighting retrofit projects. The Lighting Auditor will conduct local and out-of-state audits and should expect 50 to 70% travel in this role. This position may also include working at night or early morning hours to collect light level data and take photographs of project sites.
Primary Job Functions:
- Learn audit process and work with project development team to outline and define audit scope requirements.
- Conduct field surveys/audits of existing lighting systems by walking property site, with the objective of providing accurate and detailed information on the existing lighting fixtures and systems within property and building.
- Open fixtures and inspect electrical panels, as needed.
- Use auditing tools (e.g. light meter, discriminator, mirror, etc.) to assist in obtaining precise information.
- Submit room-by-room and summary reports within 1 week of audit.
- Communicate potential and existing issues, questions, concerns, and overall assessments of buildings.
- Transfer field survey data to spreadsheets and databases for the purpose of creating proposals and/or design layouts. Experience with Design software a plus (e.g. AutoCAD, Photoshop, DIALux, AGi32, etc.) a plus.
The above is a basic overview of responsibilities. The position responsibilities are not limited to the above. Job descriptions can be altered or increased as the demand increases.
- Perform energy audits and create energy consumption reports
- Provide retrofit or upgrade recommendations
- Provide detailed audits in utility formats after contract is received
- Attend pre-inspection and post retrofit inspections with utility inspectors
- Maintain "up to date" knowledge of lighting technologies and innovation
- Customer service and effective communication with client and management
**This is a fulltime position that comes with tremendous growth opportunity, competitive pay, a full benefit package including paid Holidays, PTO, Sick Pay and 401-K***
- Intermediate to advanced computer proficiency level.
- Ability to self-organize efficiently is a must!
- Very good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to focus. This is not a “multi-tasking” job.
- Clean driver’s record and background - Must have valid Texas Driver’s License in good standing and verifiable (valid) automobile insurance coverage.
- Must be able to prove eligibility to work in U.S.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background check (no felony convictions in past 7 years).
- Applicant needs to be in reasonable physical shape. Audits will require: walking through large buildings, climbing up and down stairwells, and using ladders to access light fixtures. Audits of exterior fixtures may require being outdoors in less than perfect weather and late night or early morning hours to gather data.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 1 year of experience performing energy audits preferred (training available).
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- College coursework/projects requiring collection of field data would helpful.
Job Type: Full-time
- lighting: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)