Join our growing Dempsey Family! At Dempsey Uniform & Linen Supply, you'll find uniforms, restaurant linens, and floor mats that can be rented at a low weekly cost that includes weekly pick-up, cleaning, and delivery.
The Recruiter - HR Specialist role is to manage the full life cycle talent acquisition process as well as other HR generalist functions. You will play a critical role within our People Organization, delivering quality candidates who are the embodiment of Dempsey's values and operational excellence.
This position will be based in our Jessup, PA headquarters (Scranton, PA area), but will be responsible for finding talent for all Dempsey locations. This role must successfully manage, prioritize, and close multiple searches against a timeline. Responsible for other HR duties as detailed below.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- Screens resumes, interviews candidates (phone or in person), administers appropriate assessments and reference/background checking, makes recommendations for hire, delivers employment offers and administers new hire paperwork
- Manages current candidate activity in the applicant tracking system (Greenhouse).
- Communicates important employment information during delivery of employment offers (e.g., benefits, compensation, non-compete agreements)
- Conducts orientation of new employees and administers safety training
- Develops and manages all Talent Acquisition KPI monthly reports and open positions status weekly
- Monitors and analyzes attrition, attendance and other key HR metrics to effectively make staffing recommendations to business partners
- Uses traditional and nontraditional resources, such as career fairs, online job boards, resume databases, social media, community network events, college/high school events, etc., to identify and attract quality candidates
- Creates talent pipelines through appropriate sourcing channels such as, ATS, resume databases, community organizations, third party providers, colleges, schools, vocational and training institutions
- Develops recruitment marketing programs (internal and external) to ensure high visibility with potential candidates
- Recommends new strategies and programs to attract candidates
- Manages application/resume file and retention according to company policy
- Completes, verifies, maintains organizational I-9 process (E-Verify)
- Performs generalist duties to include:
- Helps with Wellness Program and Benefit enrollment initiatives
- Assisting employees with Employee Self Service portal
- Assists employees during open enrollment and with benefit questions.
- Reports vehicle accidents to insurance company and administers warnings
- Makes sure all company paperwork is up-to-date on Docusign
- Administers unemployment compensation process
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent preferred
- At least two years of recruiting experience
- Experience building and using a variety of sourcing plans and tools, including proactive phone and internet research
- Experience managing and prioritizing multiple searches and projects
- Proven track record of exceptional performance and high productivity
- Applicant Tracking System (ATS) experience with sourcing, tracking, and managing candidates
- Excellent computer and Microsoft Office skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to stand, walk, and move through all areas of the facility.
- Maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and effectively deal with customers, management, employees, and members of the business community in all situations.
- Adequate manual dexterity to operate office equipment and engage in light lifting.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English. Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
- Occasional travel to other sites and to job fairs required.
- Employment is contingent upon a favorable outcome of a background investigation and drug screening.
Dempsey Uniform and Linen Supply is committed to achieving full equal opportunity without discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, national origin, politics, marital status, physical disability, age or sexual orientation. We welcome the strength of diversity in our workforce.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
ABOUT DEMPSEY UNIFORM & LINEN SUPPLY
Since its founding in 1959, Dempsey Uniform & Linen Supply has become a leading uniform and linen supplier in the Mid-Atlantic by maintaining its family ownership and continuously investing in its people and plant to stay ahead of the competition. At Dempsey Uniform & Linen Supply, you'll find uniforms, linens and floor mats that can be rented at a low weekly cost that includes weekly pick-up, cleaning and delivery. Our offering includes uniform services, restaurant linen services, towel services, medical linen services and facility services.
Dempsey is an innovator in our industry because we have always invested in opportune technologies for our business. Dempsey's state-of-the-art processing facility in Jessup, PA opened to both local and industry acclaim for it's technology. Dempsey is committed to leveraging technologies that control our customers' costs and enhance their service experience.
Dempsey has grown rapidly, yet responsibly, over the past five years. Through five strategic acquisitions, a well-developed management team, and excellent banking relationships, Dempsey has welcomed hundreds of new customers and enhanced existing customer relationships.
Dempsey Uniform & Linen Supply is committed to a sustainable future through environmental stewardship and conservation of the earth's natural resources. Dempsey has become a leader in both the textile rental industry and our local community in preserving our environment.
Continuity for Keeping Promises
The Dempsey Difference is about our commitment to keeping promises. A commitment that extends to every single one of our employees, many of whom have spent most of their careers with us. As a result, the same people that make our promises will be there to fulfill them.
It all makes for a really promising future. We hope you'll consider joining the Dempsey Family and continue our legacy of keeping promises.