Job Title: Estate Manager
The Estate Manager position is a client facing position that reports internally to the director of maintenance. The Estate Managers primary responsibility is to ensure completion of routine maintenance and property deficiencies. The estate manager is in charge of the upkeep multiple private estates. The Estate Manager should manage client expectations, oversee estate maintenance, supervise both in house Spire employees and sub-contractors, manage finances and workdays. The ideal estate manager is a jack of all trades; someone professional, personable and polite, who isn’t afraid to get his or her hands dirty.
Typical schedule is on Monday – Friday 7am – 4pm with flexibility to work evenings and weekends when clients have specific request or emergencies.
What to Expect:
Estate Manager is responsible for overseeing the general operation, functionality, and beautification of 6-10 residences depending on complexity and client needs. Some of the necessary skills are
- Perform an extremely detailed Estate inspection. Inspections include some of the following priorities. Opening, closing lock and latch testing of all windows, doors, cabinets, drawers, etc. Testing and Cataloging of all appliances, mechanical, and electrical systems. Testing all interior and exterior lighting. Checking all cosmetic hardware (tissue holders, towel racks etc.). Perform thermal sweep of home. Flying of drone to inspect chimneys and roofs. Review of basements and attics for signs of water penetration, structural issues. Record cosmetic issues.
- Complete oversight of client’s home including but not limited to the following: HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Appliances, Water Features, Pool/Spa, Water Filtration, Septic / Waste Systems, Structure, well systems.
- Excellent Project Management skills
- Constantly be prepared to address the needs of the client’s estate – a 24/7 mentality
- Executive level communication skills
- Maintaining consistency of standards, procedures and services.
- Contact, screen, propose, contract and oversee vendors & trade partners. Compare multiple bids, track budget.
- Negotiate and manage contracts, supervise work and review invoices.
- Supervise and coordinate onsite activities and provides day-to-day direction of onsite subcontractors.
- Prepare realistic plan to address needs and conduct regular walk through and daily checklist.
- Work with, schedule, supervise and upkeep of maintenance schedules for household vendors: HVAC, electrician, plumbing, generator, well systems, etc.
- Supervise construction and renovation projects, from design to coordination of schedules, inspections during various construction phases, monitoring permits, and daily oversight of subcontractors.
- Ensure that the project is executed in accordance with designs, budgets and schedules; take appropriate action to minimize the impact of deviations.
- Verify estimates based on detailed review of proposal specifications.
- Knowledgeable working with complex household systems: “smart home” systems.
- Maintaining seasonal routines and procedures for the household interior and exterior needs: HVAC, Water filtration, dryer vents, landscaping, window washing, power washing, etc.
- Review and possibly train homeowners and/or staff on new upgrades i.e.: New Thermostat
- Keep accurate records of handymen such as disciplinary, training, mentoring, reviews and supervision.
- Provide weekly schedules for upcoming work
- Act as a single point of contact for homeowners – providing updates on household activity, scheduled maintenance and job status
- Manage all related financial matters to the home maintenance or projects.
- Maintain and update household manuals as needed.
- Review and submit vendor & subcontractor invoices for processing.
- Possess a hands-on attitude – providing service or support when needed.
- Minimum of 3+ years of relevant experience working in private homes 5,000 sq. ft or larger.
- Superior project management skills
- General understanding of household mechanical systems, appliances, technology and routine maintenance practices of these systems
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook
- Knowledge of Asana, Trello or similar products
- Outstanding references from both current and previous employers. References will be verified.
- Understands that the highest levels of confidentiality and discretion are required.
- Possesses superior process and time management skills.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Flexible scheduling with availability to work overtime and weekends as needed.
- Valid driver’s license with a great driving record. Records will be checked with PennDOT
- Legal to work in the United States.
- Able to pass a drug screening test
- Able to pass background check, including criminal
- Reliable transportation is a must
Job Type: Full-time
- Property Management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Typical start time:
Typical end time: