Sign In or Create Account
Use Facebook or Google to sign in or register with SimplyHired.
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Responsible for managing all aspects of the patient intake process, establishing and maintaining positive relationships with customers and referral sources, responding to customer requests and concerns, and managing the insurance verification and authorization processes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Manages all daily patient referral and intake operations.
2. Ensures compliance with all state and federal regulatory requirements.
3. Ensures all intake items are received before patients are admitted to the agency.
4. Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with current and potential referral sources.
5. Ensures seamless transition of patients to home care by providing patient/caregiver education about home care, plan of care initiation, and coordination of care with multiple service providers.
6. Contacts physician(s) for start of care orders and ensures that all interagency discharge paperwork is received.
7. Establishes, confirms and documents initial insurance eligibility and initial authorization for incoming referrals.
8. Communicates admissions, discharges and transfers to referral sources.
9. Maintains internal referral tracking systems and participates in interdisciplinary meetings as needed.
10. Works with Director of Business development as needed.
11. Builds and monitors community and customer perceptions of Salute Homecare LLC as a high quality provider of services.
12. Gathers, collates, and reports referral statistics including key customer referral trends.
13. Maintains comprehensive working knowledge of Salute Homecare LLC contractual relationships and ensures that patients are admitted according to contract provisions.
14. Maintains comprehensive working knowledge of community resources and assists referral sources in accessing community resources should services not be provided by Salute Homecare LLC.
15. Conducts patient visits as needed.
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description
1. Licensed Practical Nurse with current licensure to practice professional nursing in the state.
2. At least three (3) years’ experience in home health care intake and/or operations daily work flow.
3. Demonstrated ability to supervise and direct professional and administrative personnel.
4. Ability to market aggressively and deal tactfully with customers and the community.
5. Knowledge of corporate business management, governmental regulations, standards, and private payer practices.
6. Demonstrates good communication, negotiation, and public relations skills.
7. Demonstrates autonomy, organization, assertiveness, flexibility and cooperation in performing job responsibilities.
Please attach a cover letter and resume when applying for this position
Job Type: Full-time