As a Combo Driver for AAA Cooper Transportation your responsibilities will vary from safely moving freight from one of our strategically placed Service Center locations to another Service Center location, or work as a pickup and delivery driver to satisfy the requirement of our customers. Combo Drivers may have paid time on the dock at one of the 76 Service Centers.
Don't wait another day to join over 1700 family members with 10 plus years with AAA Cooper Transportation!
Combo Drivers are responsible for managing the loading, unloading, and sorting of freight and are key to ensure that our customers' freight is delivered on time and damage free. As a full-time AAA Cooper Transportation employee, you will enjoy benefits such as:
Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
Company Health savings account contributions
401K with company match
Long term disability
Dependent life insurance
Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
Weekly direct deposits
Safety and performance rewards programs
Tuition Reimbursement Program
Employee Assistance Program
- Load and unload trailers and move freight across the terminal dock, either individually or with assistance of co-worker, with or without mechanical freight handling equipment, as required.
- Load freight to and from dock and trailers according to specifications of Bills of Lading, delivery receipts, packaging labels, etc.
- Plan the loading of freight onto trailers to fully utilize available space and minimize the risk of damage.
- Hook and unhook trailers from tractors, including cranking lever to raise and lower landing gear.
- Inspect equipment for defects and safe operating condition as required by state/federal laws and AAA Cooper.
- Fuel trucks, tractors, and other company equipment.
- Clean, sweep and wash dock, trailers, yard, tractor and other work areas.
- Perform safe and legal operation of commercial motor vehicles.
- Perform all other work related duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $24.00 to $27.00 /hour
- Commercial Tractor Trailer Driving: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Norcross, GA 30071 (Required)
- Doubles and triples endorsement (Required)
- Hazmat endorsement (Required)
- Class A CDL (Required)
- Tankers endorsement (Required)
- Graveyard (Required)
- Evening (Required)
- Monday (Required)
- Tuesday (Required)
- Wednesday (Required)
- Thursday (Required)
- Friday (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift