Join Our Community of Food People!
Supervise and lead the shipping department by providing front line-management of employees.
Assess employee performance; provide training, coaching, and discipline of the overall group. Ensures shipping targets are achieved per plans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Executes day-to-day operations of the shipping area, ensuring direct reports are following policies and procedures related to employee safety and food safety
- Manage shipment status to meet on-time and accurate delivery requirements
- Monitor and measure shipping performance for accuracy
- Ensure a smooth and consistent operation so product is shipped in an effective and efficient manner
- Train, evaluate and develop team members to be effective contributors; identify and train potential crew leaders
- Manage department manpower, overtime, and schedule
- Lead team meetings communicating issues and providing training along with general information
- Actively participate in accident or injury incidents, including near misses, investigations, and resolve any deficiencies
- Process payroll and attendance data
- Work cross functionally with multiple departments, including quality, human resources, and other groups
- Build high performing team through coaching, counselling, and when performance does not meet expectations responsible for corrective action for improvement
- Conduct performance evaluations with leads and other associates
- Works to continuously improve all areas, creates, implements, and maintains a 5S culture
- Establishes and fosters a Safety culture and ensures compliance with safe work practices and GMP requirements. Follows company protocols and escalation process. Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action
***EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status***
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)