Are you an analytical leader with the ability to drive results? Do you consistently challenge the status quo and seek to drive continual improvement? Victra is the leading exclusive, premium retailer for Verizon with a mission of connecting technology to life in the most trusting and profitable way. As the Assistant Controller, you will be responsible for the development and execution of the Company’s accounting function, which will include preparing regular financial statements for various constituencies, managing the accounts payable function, assisting with treasury functions, and ensuring appropriate internal control processes. The Assistant Controller will be a key member of Victra’s finance & accounting team, directly reporting to the Company’s VP Controller and overseeing 3 direct reports and a staff of 11. Other responsibilities include:
- Lead the company’s financial reporting function, including monthly financial statement preparation and reporting to stakeholders.
- Responsible for the development and execution of the Company’s accounting function, which will include preparing regular financial statements for various constituencies, the accounts payable function, assisting with treasury functions, and ensuring appropriate internal control processes.
- Manage the monthly financial close process in partnership with the VP Controller
- Improve and oversee internal control systems to ensure accurate financial statements and appropriate control environment within Victra
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis, along with special projects on an as needed basis
- Research and implement new accounting standards, including analysis of prospective financial statement impacts
- Oversee Victra’s electronic data interchange (EDI) platform , which represents 90% of accounts payable invoice volume
- Coordinate annual audits and manage information/reporting requirements to ensure timely completion
- Ensure controls and accounting around the complete Inventory cycle and reverse logistics cycle.
- Manage recording and activity integration into ERP systems from sub-systems.
- Delegate and manage responsibilities of the General Accounting function
- Oversee team’s completion of monthly account reconciliations. Responsible for certain critical accounting activities and reconciliations.
- Provide leadership and coaching that fosters an environment of problem-solving and improved business practices, and attracts and retains superior talent within the accounting department
- Partner with IT on projects and initiatives including POS, EDI, eCommerce, payment automation, etc.
YOUR BACKGROUND (REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS):
Have you had to work in high-expectation situations providing leadership and collaboration with a diverse team to deliver solutions? You will be a strong people leader who can attract, develop and retain the very best talent. You can think 1-3 years ahead into the next business cycle while challenging assumptions and conventional wisdom with specific, supported, reasoned proposals. We are looking for the Assistant Controller to also bring the following:
- 10+ years of finance experience, including significant supervisory responsibilities
- Experience in Public Accounting
- Retail, wireless or other multi-unit experience with a $500 million+ revenue organization
- Experience working with private equity ownership
- CPA/MBA with a bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills, and the ability to distill complex data and information into simple takeaways / implications
- Unquestionable work ethic and drive to achieve success
- Unquestionable personal and professional character and integrity
- Contributes to the development of an organizational strategy and justifies it with market insight
- Proactively seeks to improve processes and implement best in class solutions
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
(unless accommodations are required/requested for an employee under the ADA)
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
**The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of employees so classified.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 10 years (Required)