Karsun Solutions (as the prime contractor)has been awarded the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Software Solutions Delivery Services (SSD) contract. This is a single award IDIQ over a five year period of performance
. We will be fulfilling the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Office of Information and Technology (AIT) requirement for technical support services to assist with the implementation and continuing support of enterprise-wide software application and database development and maintenance related activities that can be broadly categorized as solution development (new systems) and enhancement and sustainment (existing systems).
- Programming support of the current Oracle environment.
- Partner with project managers and business analysts to review and understand business requirements, recommend solutions and provide level of effort estimates to complete customizations or configurations to the application.
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications.
- Design and develop new business applications to support the business operations in various functional areas such as Order Management, Supply Chain and Maintenance.
- Ensure program code is written according to documented software development processes and standards.
- Develop efficient and effective test plans and protocols for all software development solutions.
- Perform impact analysis and collaborate with other team members within IT and the business before production changes are made.
- Prepare and obtain approval for system and programming documentation.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical production issues with standard or custom Oracle programs, interfaces, and reports.
- Responsible for upgrade of Oracle customizations.
- Recommend changes in development, maintenance and system standards.
- Manage small projects.
- Stay current in existing development trends as well as new and emerging IT technologies as potential solutions to business needs.
- Utilize analysis/diagramming tools to represent business/technical processes.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
US Citizens, Green Card holders and H1B Visa holders are eligible for Public Trust Clearance required by the FAA
- Experience on a variety of technical projects (implementation and support).
- Proven SQL, PL/SQL, OAF and MAF skills to create forms, reports, interfaces, personalization and workflows.
- Solid technical understanding of Oracle E-Business Suite data model, schema architecture, and Multi-Org concepts.
- Oracle Applications development experience, including Reports, Customization, Interfaces, and Extensions.
- Knowledge of UNIX, shell scripting, and navigation of standard Oracle Application directories.
- Experience with any or all of the following considered a plus: EDI, XML, BI Publisher, Workflow.
- Experience with Oracle Applications 11i or R12 Supply Chain and Financial modules; knowledge of Oracle Purchasing, Inventory, Order Management is a must.
- Big picture view, with ability to understand the details of business needs, processes, and information flows through the system.
- Troubleshoot technical and functional issues related to the Oracle Applications.
- Proactively work and resolve Service Requests in collaboration with Oracle Support, as required
- Coordinate work efforts with the DBA team for application change controls and system performance issues
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle and source code control.
- Oracle R12 upgrade project experience (e.g. report conversion; data conversion) considered an asset.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Information systems, business systems, management information systems, IT Management, or other IT degree and a minimum of 15 years of relevant experience
- Engineering, math, and/or science degrees are acceptable substitute degrees.
- The ability to successfully obtain and maintain a U.S. Suitability/Public Trust Background Clearance
For more information on this or any other position, chat one-on-one with our recruiters during our weekly virtual chat event every Thursday at 12:00pm EST.
Karsun Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information