Pool and Spa Depot, headquartered in LaVergne, Tennessee, is looking to add an Assistant Warehouse Manager to our rapidly growing team!
The Assistant Warehouse Manager will assist the warehouse manager manage and coordinate all warehouse activities, operations, and staff to compliance to established policies and procedures.
Duties include; but are not limited to:
- Assist in managing warehouse activities in support of distribution operations including but not limited to receiving, picking, & shipping.
- Maintain strict inventory control.
- Ensure accurate and timely shipments.
- Enforce safety guidelines.
- Maintain accurate records and perform audits as needed.
- Assist with quarterly and annual inventories; provide inventory reports.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Maintain a working knowledge of operating systems
- Assign duties and monitor quality of work.
- In the absence of the manager, provide day-to-day guidance and oversight of team members
- Keep up to date on activities of the team, identifying problem areas and taking corrective actions.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
The ideal Warehouse Assistant Manager will possess a majority of the following qualifications:
- 2-4 years related experience or equivalent in a warehouse
- Strong inventory control skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in shipping and receiving
- Demonstrated proficiency in supervising and motivating subordinates
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of warehouse equipment.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Proven ability to manage priorities and workflow, handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Bilingual skills a plus
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to understand and adhere to safety requirements.
- Ability to perform the physical labor necessary; lifting up to 75 pounds
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds
- Ability to work overtime as needed, including Saturday.
We offer a competitive benefit plan including health benefits. Pool and Spa Depot is a Drug-Free Workplace.
- 401 (k) matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee Discount
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
As a family-owned company that was founded in 1996, Pool and Spa Depot embraces traditional values while placing our customers first. We shop the world and bring in the #1 leading products. With locations serving Nashville, Brentwood, La Vergne, Clarksville and Cookeville, Tennessee as well as Bowling Green, Kentucky, we offer the best selection of inground pools and above-ground pools, equipment, chemicals, portable spas and hot tubs, swim spas, saunas, patio furniture and much more to you and your family.
The success of Pool and Spa Depot has come through hard work, long hours, and recruiting the best and most experienced personnel in the Middle Tennessee area. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity, in a fun environment with great benefits, come check out one of our five locations or apply to join our team right here!