The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world’s most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley’s culture of openness, freedom and acceptance—academic and artistic, political and cultural—make it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html.
Berkeley Advanced Media Institute offers career professionals the skills they need to transform their careers. Our instructors are renowned UC Berkeley faculty and lecturers, and industry professionals with years of relevant experience and masters of their craft who are dedicated to helping you advance or build a new career.
Reporting to the Director of Berkeley Advanced Media Institute, the Marketing Specialist is responsible for customer conversion through world-class messaging and positioning, storytelling, and competitive insights. This role is in-charge of ensuring that the message is consistent and heard across social media, the website, email marketing, advertising and other appropriate promotional channels. This role requires someone with a strong work ethic, an entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to prioritize and focus, is a self starter, and can think strategically and implement strategies for results.
- Coordinates marketing campaigns designed to promote awareness to the general public.
- Researches, analyzes, monitors and evaluates marketing and/or sales efforts for effectiveness, reporting results to appropriate higher levels of administration.
- Coordinates and or creates the design, production and distribution of promotional marketing collaterals in written form, audio podcasts, video pieces, including internet or web materials, social media, press releases, advertisements, catalogs, brochures, flyers, signage, A/V presentations, displays, exhibits, et cetera.
- Coordinates advertising placement and schedules.
- Establishes and maintains contacts with, internal and external marketing professionals and vendors; e.g. artists, designers, photographers, mailing houses, postal service, list brokers, advertising representatives, media contacts, et cetera
- Administers marketing budget(s) as assigned, ensuring that budget goals are met; as required meets revenue generating goals through effective relationships with external sources.
- Builds relationships with outside (non-campus affiliated) companies and organizations.
- Thorough knowledge of the campus, including its achievements, mission, vision, goals, objectives and infrastructure or similar institutions or environments.
- Thorough analytical and written communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of marketing and communication principles and techniques.
- Thorough, strong project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication and political acumen skills.
- Strong skills in creating engaging digital marketing collaterals.
- Comfortable using Word Press to edit websites and best practices for SEO
- Basic HTML, CSS experience
- Basic Adwords knowledge
- Experience with email marketing campaigns.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
Salary & Benefits
This is a part-time, limited position with an approximate end date of 06/30/2019. Position may be extended beyond end date.
The rate of pay is $29/hour.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: