About the Hiring Process
At Merz, we consider many factors in our hiring decision. To be considered for employment, candidates MUST complete a short survey as part of our hiring process. Please cut and paste this link into your browser to complete the survey and select Warehouse Fulfillment Lead: https://www.cultureindex.com/c/ku8blrthpq
Merz Apothecary and Smallflower.com are renowned retailers specializing in high-quality apothecary products, natural skincare, and unique fragrances. Our warehouse serves as a central hub for fulfilling orders for Smallflower, Amazon FBM, Walmart, and Ebay; as well as hosting our Amazon FBA operations; plus the manufacturing, assembly, and fulfillment of our home fragrance line, KOBO Candles.
What We Offer
- Great benefits (health, dental, vision)
- 401K Profit Sharing Plan
- Employee bonus (incentive plan)
- Employee discount
- Paid time-off
The benefits provided by Merz are worth greater than $7000 annually.
Why We Are Different
- We are family-owned and operated.
- We live by our core values.
- Gracious service is the soul of the Merz Experience, starting with customers and extending to the way we work with each other, our colleagues.
- We are one of the oldest businesses in Chicago and in the nation, and have served many generations of customers locally and across the country.
- We speak multiple languages fluently and come from all different backgrounds and life experiences.
About The Position
The Warehouse Fulfillment Lead will be responsible for the success of daily website (Smallflower) and marketplace (Amazon, Walmart, etc) operations, ensuring the timely and accurate processing and shipping of customer orders. This position will report to the Director of Operations, and lead a team of 3-5 Warehouse Fulfillment Associates.
- Ensure the smooth running of fulfillment operations: Lead daily pick/pack/ship operations, ensuring appropriate resources (people, equipment) are allocated for planned activities. Work alongside the team, filling in as needed to ensure daily goals are met.
- Plan, coordinate, and monitor: Work closely with other Warehouse Leads (receiving, Amazon prep, and manufacturing); plan, coordinate, and monitor the receipt, storage, and shipment of products.
- Troubleshoot order issues: Collaborate with the Customer Service team and other colleagues as needed to identify and troubleshoot common order issues such as partial shipments, packing errors, etc.
- Employee relationships: Run a weekly team huddle and meet with team members as needed to maintain and enhance effective working relationships with employees, fostering a collaborative and positive work environment.
- Process improvement: Work with the Director of Operations to contribute to the identification, evaluation, and implementation of improvement initiatives within the warehouse.
- Process adherence: Train staff to work according to the standards, processes, and procedures of our operation.
- Performance management: Set appropriate staff performance levels, provide feedback on achievement, and identify improvement opportunities.
- Safety and cleanliness: Maintain a safe and clean work environment at all times.
Physical Demands and Abilities
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- Regularly lift and/or move objects 10-50 lbs; occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 lbs with assistance.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance.
Experience and Education
- High school diploma or equivalent; additional education or certifications in logistics or warehouse management is a plus.
- Proven experience in a warehouse or fulfillment center, with 1-2 years previous warehouse shift lead experience preferred.
- Proficiency in using warehouse management systems and related software.
- Good communication, organizational, time management, and mathematical skills.
- Dependable and reliable.
- Knowledge of safety regulations and best practices in a warehouse setting.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and the willingness to assist in other sales channel fulfillment when needed.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or expand at any time with or without notice. All warehouse employees will undergo some degree of cross-training in order to provide support for other departments when needed.
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Merz is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, height, weight, marital status, veteran status, disability status or other legally protected class.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 - $50,000.00 per year
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
- Have you completed the culture survey?
Work Location: In person