Carrington maintains the necessary infrastructure to ensure stability and maximize value during any market cycle. We are a fully integrated mortgage company supporting our customers by providing a broad range of real estate services encompassing nearly all aspects of single family residential real estate transactions in the United States.
Our Mortgage Servicing platform has continued to grow by focusing resources on excellent execution of our key competencies, including customer service, delinquency management, default management, loan administration, analytics and investor reporting – all while preserving home ownership and providing world-class servicing. We’re always building our mortgage business with our customers in mind. Join us.
The Loss Draft Specialist will be responsible for performing loss draft and property damage requirements including processing checks, processing documents, ordering and reviewing inspections, working loss drafts queue, and evaluating exceptions. Perform all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all US state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform loss draft and property damage requirements including processing checks, processing documents, ordering and reviewing inspections, working loss drafts queue, and evaluating exceptions.
- Review adjuster worksheets for depreciation, validate scope/costs of repairs and take appropriate action when necessary.
- Review and evaluate claim packages and order/review inspection reports to determine draw eligibility for the claim.
- Reduce risk or loss by assessing the classification of the claim.
- Comply with applicable company policies and procedures, statutes, regulations and other legal requirements governing claims handling.
- Protect the interest of the client by initiating fraud processes when necessary. Assist with monitoring quality of services rendered by appraiser, contractors, inspectors, and insurance loss draft personnel and make recommendations to manager/supervisor
- Work efficiently in client and company proprietary applications.
- Respond to written and verbal customer requests, inquiries, and complaints in a timely and professional manner.
- Provide assistance and back up as needed to meet client requirements and SLAs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR LICENSES:
- Strong knowledge of claims handling and claims practices.
- General knowledge of insurance theory and practices, insurance contracts and their application.
- Familiarity with property estimating systems and claims documentation procedures.
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information.
- Ability to understand, remember, and communicate routine, factual information.
- Ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology.
- Ability to organize and prioritize own work schedule on short-term basis (longer than one month).
- Ability to make decisions that have moderate impact on the immediate work unit.
- Ability to understand complex problems and to collaborate and explore alternative solutions.
- Ability to complete routine forms, use existing form letters, and/or conduct routine oral communication.
- Ability to compose letters, outlines, memoranda, and basic reports and/or to orally communicate technical information.
- Ability to communicate with individuals utilizing a telephone; requires ability to hear and speak effectively on the telephone.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word, communicating orally with others accurately, audibly, and quickly.
- High School diploma or equivalent work experience.
- Two (2) or more years’ experience in insurance, banking, finance, mortgage servicing or related experience.