THIS POSITION WILL SUPPORT NORTHERN RHODE ISLAND
Acts as a technical contributor within and occasionally outside his or her immediate team. Responsible for staying current in technical theory, application, and operational discipline. Takes on technical and project-related efforts, providing communication as directed. The Technician has a solid understanding of theory and application related to project management, radio access networks, backhaul to sites, signaling, disaster recovery planning and response, data services, and location-based services. The Technician has a basic understanding of theory and application related to network design, capacity planning, power systems AC/DC, and grounding.
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Technical support: Provides technical support within and occasionally outside immediate team. Provides technical support in network performance initiatives, outage resolution and works to identify day-to-day improvement opportunities.
- Project management: Takes on smaller projects or portions of key projects / initiatives, providing accurate status and progress updates as requested.
- Operations: Identifies and shares potential process improvements and recommends them to Senior Technicians and / or management for consideration. Provides input on process improvements related to maintenance and repair activities. Assists in creation of job aids, scopes of work, method / statement of procedure, and helpful tools working closely with a Senior Technician.
- Continuous learning: Enrolls in and completes training requirements to stay current on existing and new systems and products, to grow skills, and to expand proficiency in company values and organizational requirements.
- Must meet minimum technical proficiency requirements; proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated; exhibits initiative in achieving company goals and objectives
- Basic leadership skills and ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks
- Able to work independently or in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexibility with ever-changing environments and priorities
- Understands basic RF Engineering, Radio Frequency theory, and Electricity and Electronics theory
- Solve problems using creativity and innovation
- Accepts and provides constructive feedback
- Operational knowledge and theory of all interconnecting circuits to include but not limited to T1, T3, and microwave radio
- 2 years' experience in switch operations and maintenance, with a proven track record of success
- High School Diploma/GED
- Two-year vocational degree in a technical discipline
- Applicant is to meet the minimum DOT medical standards under 49 CFR Part 391
At least 18 years of age. Legally authorized to work in the United States. High School Diploma or GED. Pre-employment background screen. Two-year vocational degree in a technical discipline or equivalent work experience. Must have and maintain a clean driving record & driver's license. Meet the minimum DOT medical standards under 49 CFR Part 391. Ability to drive cars, trucks, or other equipment. Work day, afternoon and graveyard shifts, weekend shifts, on-call, and holidays. This position requires mobility (standing, walking, climbing, etc.); the ability to get from one place to another; bending, turning, twisting of your neck or at the waist; squatting, crawling, and kneeling; balancing and maintaining equilibrium; being able to feel, grasp, reach with hands and arms (outwards and/or upwards). Lift, carry, push or pull objects weighing no more than 75 pounds. Climbs stairs or stepladders to reach equipment and cable trays. Work in all weather conditions and in remote areas.
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ:
"TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.