Slayden Constructors Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of MWH Constructors, is currently seeking a Heavy Civil Project Manager to manage and support our self-performing teams on Heavy Civil – fisheries, dams, and hydro – projects in the Pacific Northwest region.
In conjunction with the Project Management Team, the Heavy Civil Project Manager is accountable for providing direction and leadership associated with assigned, self-performed activities and has primary profit and loss responsibility for managed project(s). The Heavy Civil PM must insure work is performed on budget, on schedule, in accordance with Slayden/MWH Constructors Policy and all engineering standards.
- Provide leadership and technical support to project engineers, field engineers and superintendents.
- Profit & Loss Responsibility.
- Procurement - Material Purchases and Negotiation.
- Change Management and Cost Estimating.
- Revenue and cost forecasting.
- Scheduling – Assist with the creation and maintenance of project schedule.
- Responsible for the safe conduct of Slayden personnel to ensure a zero accident project. Ensure all site personnel meet minimum safety requirements (e.g. training, orientations, tools and equipment).
- Coordinate with Project Superintendents: Includes determining method of construction, manpower levels, material quantities equipment, temporary facilities and controls.
- Maintain liaison with engineering, estimating, and planning to ensure work complies with drawings, specifications, and schedule.
- Assist in resolving construction problems (e.g. lack of productivity, work interfaces, etc.) as required.
- Monitor craft compliance with project safety program requirements; document and ensure corrective measures are implemented.
- Maintain liaison with other departments (e.g., Material Control, Purchasing, Quality Control, and Engineering) to ensure all required materials, equipment, inspections, etc., support craft activities and project schedule.
- Work jointly with other members of the project team to complete the Slayden/MWH Constructors MAP prior to initiating any fieldwork. Use the planning guidelines and tools provided throughout the project.
- Work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and ensure that direct reporting employees follow safe work practices and use company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner.
- 4-year construction management, engineering, or equivalent degree. An equivalent combination of experience, skills and training may be substituted.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing heavy civil projects
Slayden Constructors is a leader in the construction industry. Founded in 1984, and based in Stayton, Oregon, Slayden is built on strong values, hard work and a commitment to getting the job done right. The success of our company is best expressed through our efforts in providing a safe work place with respected employees and a committed management team. Our team approach to all our construction projects has provided steady growth in work volume, successful expansion of key management personnel, and an extensive list of satisfied clients for more than 30 years.
Slayden Construction Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer, participates in E-verify, and is a drug free company.
Slayden Constructors is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, the Company will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Location (Multiple Cities or States)
United States - Oregon - Stayton
Job CategoryCivil Engineering, Construction, Executive Management, Management Other, Project Management, Project Planning and Controls