Provides OT Home Care in Cuyahoga and Summit County.
Organizes and conducts Occupational Therapy program to facilitate the rehabilitation of people with physical and/or psychosocial disabilities. The Occupational Therapist directs the patient’s participation in selected activities/treatments to restore, re-enforce and correct pathology to promote and/or maintain good health.
Essential duties include:
1. Performs evaluation(s) and develops an effective treatment plan appropriate to a patient’s rehabilitation needs within the care continuum.
2. Performs effective treatment techniques in a competent manner.
3. Educates patient/family/caregiver in applicable health information, treatment and prevention.
4. Initiates and participates in the discharge planning process.
5. Performs other department activities such as, but not limited to documentation, billing, support of department operations, etc.
Requires the evaluation and treatment skills necessary to provide Occupational Therapy appropriate to the developmental and chronological age of patients on caseload. Professional initiative, objectivity, good time management and interpersonal skills. Must be physically, cognitively and perceptually able to provide patient treatment and able to assist in physical mobility of patients and equipment
Graduate of an accredited Occupational Therapy Program
Current license by the State of Ohio to practice Occupational Therapy CPR certification within one month of hire
Previous experience in Home Care highly preferred.