Under direction of the Lead Clerical, the primary responsibilities of the Front Desk and Registration staff are to greet clients, assist visitors with their needs, perform patient registration, schedule appointments by interfacing with referring physician offices, patients, and patients’ family members, monitor patient flow, and provide excellent customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greets customers in a polite and prompt manner.
- Kindly and patiently assists clients by answering their questions and helping with their requests.
- Ensures necessary information/scripts/paperwork are in order prior to patients’ arrival.
- Accurately completes the registration process, enters patient information in the RIS and verifies discrepancies in patient information with patients, clinics or insurance companies as needed.
- Reviews or completes exam questionnaires with patient as required.
- Scans appropriate information to patient chart in RIS.
- Anticipates and provides assistance to accommodate patients having difficulty ambulating and completing forms.
- Creates detailed notes in patient chart in RIS documenting pertinent information.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies
- Service Excellence: The Front Desk and Registration staff is the first impression of the office for patients and their families and as such, will demonstrate the highest level of customer service when greeting and speaking with clients. Communicates in a way that conveys sympathy and respect to a diverse patient and work population. Takes ownership for determining a customer’s needs and offering ways to help.
- Communication: Rephrases/summarizes what the speaker is saying. Speaks and writes clearly, concisely and to the point. Makes sure important information is communicated promptly and accurately.
- Commitment: Demonstrates initiative in completing daily assignments. Perseveres when he or she feels they have developed an innovative solution.
- Flexibility: Open to new ways of thinking. Adapts quickly to new techniques and work methods. Handles multiple priorities successfully.
- Problem-Solving: Recognizes and communicates problems to the right person/system. Offers constructive ideas/suggestions for solving problems.
- Team Player: Collaborates effectively with people at all levels. Shares new information with employees, physicians, and support service personnel. Shows flexibility and can shift focus quickly to accommodate the physicians or other staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations, to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software, internet software, RIS, and PACS.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and two to five years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Fax and other related office equipment.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: One location