Reliable Contracting Company, Inc., now entering our 91st year of business in the state of Maryland, has an immediate opening for a Grading Superintendent for our Gambrills, MD office. More than 40% of our employees have been with Reliable for 10 years or more, and many represent second- and third-generation employees from the same family!
Reliable Contracting Company, Inc. offers a full range of great benefits including competitive, weekly pay with direct deposit; health, dental and vision insurance; Prescription Drug Plan; Health Savings Plans; 401(k) with company contributions; Profit Sharing; Employee Bonuses; Paid Holidays; Vacation; Training and Career Development and much more. Benefits start after only 90 days of employment.
- This position will work primarily on government projects. Applicant must be able to pass a background check. Reliable will assist in gaining the security clearance for the right applicant.
- This superintendent position will be responsible to perform hands-on field management of projects. Reliable Contracting Company, Inc. performs all phases of site development, including grading and excavating, utility installation and stormwater management.
- Candidates should have a minimum of 5 years of experience working as a Foreman or Superintendent for a site work company and must have direct experience performing and supervising earthwork activities and underground utility installation.
- The responsibilities for this position consist of the following: scheduling and directing equipment & manpower; coordination with client and other contractors on site; scheduling coordination of material deliveries; completion of job cost and daily paperwork for the project; review and analysis of project productivity both daily and over the entire project.
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may perform other related duties as requested to meet the ongoing needs of Reliable Contracting Co. INC.
This is a salaried position, complete with a company vehicle and full benefits package.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications. Experience with Viewpoint is a plus but will train.
- Possess excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Highly motivated.
- Direct experience working with a site contractor in the past.
- Qualified applicants must have a valid S. Driver's License and a clean driving record.
- The ability to read a map and knowledge of Maryland's roadways are highly desirable. The ability to use modern in-cab dispatch system and GPS is a plus.
- This is a full-time day position with some weekend and night work available. Daily hours are weather dependent.
- Able to work in a safe manner, follow OSHA guidelines and keep work area clean.
- Reliable attendance. Must have a positive attitude and willingness to work in a team environment.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Reliable is an Equal Opportunity Employer- Women and Veterans are welcome and encouraged to apply.
- Reliable Contracting is a drug-free company. Applicants will be required to take a post-hire drug screen and physical exam if offered a position.
- Minimum age requirement is 18 due to the hazardous nature of work
How to apply
Applications are available at the following locations.
2410 Evergreen Road, Suite 200
Gambrills, MD 21054
Hours: Monday - Friday:
7:30 am – 5:00 pm
10315 Theodore Green Blvd
White Plains, MD 20695
Hours: Monday - Friday:
8:00 am – 3:30 pm
More information is available at http://www.reliablecontracting.com/join-our-team/.
Job Type: Full-time
- Foreman/ Superintendent: 5 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement