PART I: DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Position Purpose: This position is assigned responsibilities for planning, developing and coordinating the sales activities of the Oklahoma Lottery Commission (OLC) involving retailers, players, vendors or other field operations within an assigned geographic area.
Principal Activities: The principal activities include the following:
- Provide sales training to Oklahoma Lottery Commission retailers on selling lottery products and executing current initiatives.
- Conduct in-field audits of OLC retail locations to include evaluation of store presentation, product placement, point of sale advertising material placement and Scratchers inventory levels.
- Provide feedback to management regarding execution of Lottery initiatives in retail accounts.
- Coordinate sales activities with lottery vendor field sales staff to promote ticket sales, point of sale product merchandising, equipment placement, retailer relations and recruitment of new accounts.
- Reviews sales objectives and evaluate trends while taking necessary steps to achieve objectives and obtain results.
- Assists and develops sales action plans based on current initiatives and monitors progress.
- Assists in the development and implementation of sales plans for recruitment of new retailers and provides assistance to lottery vendor sales personnel in recruitment efforts by visiting potential accounts and evaluating proposed accounts area lottery sales.
- Maintains sales statistics and data, area files and other records related to product sales.
- Participates in group meetings addressing sales issues and trends.
- Ensures that services provided to lottery retailers are accurate and consistent with stated lottery sales objectives.
- Assists in the planning and development of statewide sales, customer service and retailer training programs.
- Informs management of significant sales developments affecting the lottery.
- Evaluates sales reports and compares sales forecasts with actual sales and sales goals.
- Resolves sales distribution concerns and advises in respect to sales coverage.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: The Sales Coordinator position does not have supervisory duties.
Conflict of Interest: All Oklahoma Lottery Commission employees are prohibited from having a financial interest in any vendor doing business or proposing to do business with the Commission. They may not participate in any decision involving a retailer with whom they have a financial interest. If they leave employment with the Commission, they may not represent any vendor or lottery retailer before the Commission for a period of two (2) years following termination of employment with the Commission.
Background Investigation: Oklahoma Statutes require that a background investigation be conducted on each applicant who has reached the final selection process prior to employment by the Commission at the level of division director and above and at any level within any division of security and as otherwise required by the board of trustees of the Oklahoma Lottery Commission. The Commission shall pay for the actual cost of the investigations. The results of a background investigation shall not be considered a record open to the public pursuant to the Oklahoma Open Records Act. The Commission is prohibited from employing any person who has been convicted of any felony or a misdemeanor involving illegal gambling or involving moral turpitude, or any person who is awaiting sentencing on a plea of guilt or nolo contendere to such a felony or misdemeanor.
PART II: KNOWLEDGE AND BACKGROUND REQUIREMENTS
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Frequent travel is required. May require that employee has a valid driver’s license and personal auto insurance.
Preferred Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Advertising, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or a closely related field; with three years experience in advertising, sales, marketing or public relations work; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one year of qualifying experience for each year of the required education. Retail route sales experience preferred.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to management and public groups.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instruction in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Computer Literacy: Proficiency in standard desktop applications and specialized analytical software. Knowledge of various types of hardware and communications/office equipment.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment of characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices, meeting and training rooms, or public/private vehicles, for example, use of safe work practices with office equipment, avoidance of trips and falls, observance of fire regulations and traffic signals, etc. The work area is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $0.00 per hour
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Sales Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- Only full-time employees eligible