Sr. Project Manager, Engineering – Boulder, CO
Particle Measuring Systems (PMS) sets the standard for cleanroom contamination monitoring. With more than 60 patents, we create the technology that enables our customers to make fact-based decisions, improve process yields and comply with ever-changing regulatory requirements.
As the Engineering Project Manager- Electro-Mechanical Instrumentation you’ll be the “face of the project” and will be the key point of contact for all matters related to the project, interfacing with all areas of the business impacted by the project and its deliverables. You’ll be responsible for managing highly technical product development programs. Efforts managed may be multiple product enhancement projects to larger high growth new product initiatives, all involving teams from a broad range of cross-functional disciplines.
More specifically, you’ll be…
- Ensuring the project scope includes input from all functional disciplines including marketing, engineering, operations, quality, compliance, and service.
- Identifying key stakeholders and understanding their expectations for a successful project.
- Working to achieve defined cost, schedule, and performance requirements.
- Monitoring progress on schedule, budget and technical output, as well as scheduling to identify critical path(s) and major risks. You’ll be proactively managing risks and employing strategies to address those risks.
- Driving teams to execute on tasks and deliverables, as well as developing a sense of urgency when key deliverables are jeopardized. You’ll also be facilitating problem solving and meetings to address obstacles.
- Working with core team and functional leader expertise when faced with critical decisions and hold them accountable to program commitments.
- Facilitates communication to key stakeholders on project performance.
- Conducting project Gate reviews and business team meetings.
To succeed in this role, you’ll have
- BS in Engineering discipline (Mechanical, Electrical, Computer Science) required. MS in Engineering and/or MBA preferred.
- At least 5 years of successful experience managing new product development projects in electro-mechanical instrumentation, and 10 years working in a product development environment
- Expert-level skills using Project Management tools and techniques, including MS Project.
- Technically savvy; must be able to discuss, understand and make decisions regarding a wide array of engineering disciplines and complex technical/logistical issues.
- Must have successfully managed multiple high-technology hardware/software projects from concept through commercialization using a stage-gate process.
These additional desired skills would be a big plus
- Advanced science degree or MBA
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- PMP, Agile, Scrum Master or similar certifications
- Experience with lasers or light-based systems
The Nuts and Bolts
Location - This is an “in-office” position 25 – 50% of the time with Covid precautions being taken. The location of this position is in Boulder, CO. The other 50% - 75% of the time you may work from home. Relocation may be offered for this role, but local candidates will receive first consideration.
2021 Benefits At-a-Glance
Particle Measuring Systems recognizes the importance of providing a competitive and comprehensive benefits package to our employees. With our parent company, Spectris, we have developed a benefits package that delivers quality and value, while satisfying the diverse needs of our workforce.
- Medical – Two PPO plan options through Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield (BCBS)
- Dental – Two plan options through Delta Dental; PPO and DeltaCare USA
- Vision – through VSP
- Flexible Spending Account – Health Care and Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) – dollar-for-dollar match for the first 4%, 50 cents for each dollar on the next 2%, Match is 100% vested on date of hire
- Employer Paid Benefits: Basic Life and AD&D; Onsite Wellness Clinic – Onsite physician for basic health and wellness consultations; Health Advocate – EAP, Wellness, and Personal Health Advocate
$102,400 - $157,320
How we determine what we pay (compensation philosophy)
Particle Measuring Systems determines pay for positions using local, national, and industry-specific survey data, for the Boulder, Colorado area. We will evaluate external equity, which is the relative marketplace job worth of jobs directly comparable to jobs within our company.
For new hires, we strive to make competitive offers between the minimum and midpoint of our established pay ranges. This allows the new employee room for future merit increases during review cycles. There may be times when we will offer above the midpoint. The decision to do so will be based on the applicant’s level of experience, education, and specialized knowledge and skills. Additionally, we consider the external market rate, the amount we have budgeted internally, and the compensation rates of the employees within the company doing the same position. An employee/candidate with a stronger skill set will receive higher pay.
Note to external agencies: We are not accepting resumes, emails or calls from outside agencies regarding this position currently.
Note to visa candidates: Weare not able to sponsor new or transfer H-1B's. Thus, we are only able to accept applicants from US citizens and green card holders.
To apply: please email your resume with the position title in the subject line to:
Particle Measuring Systems is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $102,400.00 - $157,320.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- electro-mechanical new product development: 5 years (Required)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place