Sawdey Solution Services, Inc., an ISO 9001 certified company, provides innovative strategic and technical planning, engineering, information technology, acquisition, integration, cyber security, financial management, logistics, and program management services to our customers far exceeding expectations through continual improvement of our Quality Management System.
We are seeking a Senior Systems Administrator/Business Subject Matter Specialist to work remote (telework). To be considered for this role, you must have the required experience below, work within an hour of a DLA site and be a US Citizen. Security Clearance is also required for this role.
The Senior Systems Administrator will provide subject matter expert level knowledge to the team and customer as needed. Additional Responsibilities Include, but are not Limited To:
- Assist program managers with application project planning through implementation
- Maintain a diverse skillset, which encompasses all aspects of application functionality,
such as, knowledge of Oracle, SQL, of IIS, Apache/Tomcat, Unix/Linux, Windows
Servers, Networking, firewalls, IDS/IPS solutions, security applications, Asp.net, Java,
DNS, load balancing, and the internal processes.
- Ensure the web team is on target and on task and assist in coordinating web team focus and activates on a daily basis.
- Monitor and assist the web team support. Support shall include, but is not limited to,
monitoring, tuning, troubleshooting and optimizing web applications and databases, as
well as, configuring, testing, and deploying new enterprise databases that support the
(DDATA) system and the (DAAS) system. DDATA and DAAS are the overarching
system profile that supports the Department of Defense, Federal and Civilian Agencies,
Commercial Suppliers and Foreign Military Sales through various software applications.
DDATA and DAAS serve as the authoritative source for DoD level data repositories used
in the editing, validating, verifying, and routing of logistics transactional data for the
DAAS customer base. DDATA captures and reports on the data processed and provides
access to many databases with web applications and web services for the purpose of
monitoring, querying, and updating critical component routing data.
- Databases and websites requiring support include systems such as; Account Management and Provision System (AMPS), (EBS), (DDATA), and (DAAS), the database has the overarching profile that supports the Department of Defense, Federal and Civilian Agencies, Commercial Suppliers and Foreign Military Sales.
- Assist system administrators, telecom engineers, database administrators, and development teams with debugging, application troubleshooting, upgrades, and maintenance.
- Assist PMs and implementation personnel with architectural planning, Service Request
Form (SRF) creation, Ports Protocols and Services Management (PPSM) documentation, and general technical assistance.
- Provide contract specified status updates and ensure process documentation is up to date.
- Provide architecture, setup, maintain, and make recommendations to improve web
- Be available if needed to support 24/7 – 365 for emergency troubleshooting issues, critical project support, and application monitoring.
- Maintain process documentation by updating documentation with the most current process, procedures, and technical information.
- Act as technical liaisons between development, project management, and operations teams for both implementation and sustainment; act as a technical POC for all program
management offices, development teams, and DISA personnel; provide guidance to DISA personnel; and act as a “watchdog” to ensure DISA services and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are being met in order to notify customers when these are not met.
- Proactively find, research, and develop solutions for potential security issues, performance gaps, or application functional problems.
- Document server and application setups, architectures, and maintenance procedures.
- Find, research, document, and remediate application and IIS STIG findings.; monitor
systems and remediate CERT tasking, as needed; and submit, track, and process
environment CRs for CERTs, STIG findings, application setup, firewall rules, etc.
- Maintain familiarity with Department of Defense Security Technical Implementation
Guidelines in areas of Windows Member Servers, Windows Domain Servers, Internet
Information Services (IIS), Apache Tomcat, Asp.net, and applications to identify potential
impact, areas of concern.
- Communicate and educate customers about appropriate application and server security guidelines, identify areas for improvement, then assist with research and implementation.
- Ensure web servers and applications conform to best practices published by relevant
- Develop scripts, Government-off-the-Shelf (GOTS) applications, or other tools to improve diagnostic efficiencies.
- Assist with coordinating troubleshooting efforts with the Customer Contact Center (CCC), Network Operations Security Center (NOSC), DISA, and other entities.
- Provide Tier III customer support for web application developers.
- Maintain proactive performance metrics and provide them to PMs.
- Move application code and maintain Internet Information Services (IIS) configurations in multiple environments.
- Assist local and DISA Information Assurance (IA) with audits and investigations as
- Monitor Host Based Security System (HBSS), MD5, IIS logs, Windows Event logs and
more to ensure environment remains stable, consistent, and trouble-free.
- Perform Continuity of Operations (COOP) planning and assist with documentation.
- Act as a tertiary backup for eWorkplace SharePoint Administrators and a technical liaison for assistance with complex environment issues.
- Create, document, and maintain all web service SSL certificates.
- Install and configure IIS, Apache/Tomcat, .Net, Java and other related software.
- Perform IIS, Apache/Tomcat, .Net, Java and other related software maintenance and
coordinate maintenance activities with the appropriate hardware and OS support activity.
- Work with development teams to install/configure applications.
- Assist with proposal development, if necessary.
- Five to ten (5-10) years’ experience with Internet Information Service (IIS),
Apache/Tomcat, Oracle, SQL, ASP.net, Java, Unix, Linux, basic networking, security
applications; DoD STIG.
- Previous DLA experience is preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- A+ CE, CCNA-Security, Network+ CE, or SSCP.
Other Required Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to effectively communicate with customer and fulfill all duties and
responsibilities as listed in the contract.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite including, but not limited to: Word,
PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
Security Clearance: IT-I level of trust/DoD Secret clearance.
Location Requirement: The primary place of performance will be at the contractor’s place of performance which shall be located within 1 hour of any of the 8 DLA primary sites and/or OffSite. Personnel shall be available to periodically support meetings at their nearest DLA primary site to them.
- DLA Primary Sites: Columbus, Ohio, Dayton, Ohio, Battle Creek, Michigan,
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, Fort Belvoir, Virginia, New Cumberland, Pennsylvania and
Job Type: Full-time
- IIS: 5 years (Required)
- MS Office Products: 3 years (Required)
- Network + (Required)
- Top Secret Clearance (Required)
- sscp (Required)
- CCNA Security (Required)
- A+ Certified (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement