Registered Nurse (RN) Transfer Coordinator 7pm-7am(Job Number: 09375-105363)
Work Location: United States-Texas-Coppell-DFW Support Services
Job Type: Nursing - Professional
RN Transfer Coordinator - Emergency Department and Critical Care
Full time Nights 7pm - 7am, rotating weekends
Medical City Healthcare Transfer Center
Position is based out of Plano, TX
Medical City Healthcare is one of the region’s largest, most comprehensive health care providers and includes 14 hospitals, 7 off-campus emergency rooms, more than 50 ambulatory sites, more than 7,000 active physicians and 15,000 employees in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
The Transfer Coordinator - Emergency Department and Critical Care's primary purpose of this position is to facilitate requests for patient transfers in/out of the Medical City Healthcare system. The ED/ICU Transfer Coordinator is expected to work closely with other Team Members at the Transfer Center, Physicians, Nurse and Administrators to ensure that the transfer requests are managed appropriately.
- Work in a customer-centric transfer and transport call center; respond to all callers with the aid of an electronic database of service profiles, approved clinical protocols and healthcare information. facilitating of patient transfers to the appropriate facility based on patient preference, services required geography, facility capacity/capability, and obtaining appropriate medical and administrative approvals.
- Follow specific protocols, policies, procedures, and utilize established resources demonstrating understanding of program requirements and call receiving protocols, and routing of calls for discussion/action with the appropriate physicians and facilities to verify patient acceptance, relay information concerning the medical condition of the patient and the estimated time of arrival, to prepare physicians and facilities to receive patients.
- Work collaboratively with team members ensuring appropriate patient admission.
- Work collaboratively with team members to ensure exceptional consumer experience.
- Efficiently and effectively, manage all hospital transfers. Consult with on-call physicians regarding patient care issues, needs and concerns, escalate when appropriate.
- Establish and maintain a high degree of awareness and knowledge and relationships of hospitals’ medical staff, services, and special programs (RN’s, Case Management, House Supervisor, ED physician’s, Hospitalist and Specialists).
- Assist in data collection, monitoring, evaluation, and analyzing of triage problems for the purpose of developing and implementing protocols, policies, and procedures.
- Exhibit and model exceptional customer relationship behaviors, including telephone and personal contact with all of the call center’s customer groups (i.e. physicians and their office staffs, callers, and fellow employees).
- Maintain composure and customer-centric communication with challenging callers.
- Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement.”
- Required to maintain records and detail communications logs via computer documentation according to HCA NTX Division Policy/Procedure in the software application provided.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing preferred
- TX RN License or Compact State License required
- Minimum of 5 years of Progressive Care RN experience required
- Emergency Department (ED) or Critical Care (ICU) experience strongly preferred
- Must be able to type a minimum of 35 words per minute.