Amazon Alexa, the speech processing and personal voice service technology behind Amazon Echo, is seeking a technical program manager (TPM). The TPM position requires excellent leadership skills, strong technical expertise and hands-on project management skills. The right candidate will be adept at writing technical specifications, owning program schedules from design to release, partnering effectively with multiple technology teams within and outside of Amazon, and managing launches.
In this role, you will wear many hats; you must possess a unique combination of strong technical skills and business acumen as well as a do-what-it-takes attitude. You will need to be a strong leader, able to communicate clearly and compelling at all levels of the company. You don’t just want to be part of an industry movement; you want to be out front leading it. If this sounds like you, we’d like to speak with you.
- Engage with partners’ developers, architects, hardware engineers and project managers to capture requirements and manage timelines
- Manage multiple, fast-paced initiatives involving multiple internal teams and external partners
- Work with the Alexa product teams to define technical requirements
- 7+ years of experience involved in the design, implementation and delivery of complex systems
- 5+ years of experience managing technology projects
- A technical undergraduate degree
- An advanced technical degree or MBA
- Experience in the voice processing, portable device or personal digital assistant industry
- Experience working across multiple business units to achieve results
- Experience with speech-related hardware systems
- An ability to simultaneously manage multiple, fast-paced initiatives
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong writing skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation