- Massage Therapy License
- Communication Skills
- Driver's License
Our mission is to elevate the level of home health and hospice care by continually improving the experience of—and relationships with—patients, families, providers, employees, and the community. That is why Symbii Home Health and Hospice is simply better for everyone.
Symbii Branch Address:
1916 N. 700 W. Suite 210
Layton, UT 84041
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs patient assessments to evaluate appropriateness for a massage therapy program and contributes to the plan of treatment.
2. Reports changes in the patient’s conditions and needs to the Registered Nurse Case Manager or Director of Patient Care Services.
3. Observes for safety hazards in the patient’s and organization’s environments and takes appropriate steps to reduce or eliminate them.
4. Designs and implements a variety of massage treatment and therapy plans to meet the individual needs of each patient.
5. Collaborates with members of the Hospice Team in planning physical treatments.
6. Provides therapeutic interventions (i.e. Swedish massage, Reiki, acupressure, cranio sacral therapy, myofascial release, reflexology, etc.) according to the plan of care.
7. Provides education to the staff and community on the massage therapy program.
8. Maintains continuing education through academic studies, seminars, and workshops.
9. Attends and participates in in-services, staff meetings and case conferences.
10. Completes all documentation in an accurate and legible manner.
11. Complies with hospice policies and procedures, laws and regulations and standards of practice
12. Performs other related duties as assigned.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by the employee of this job. The employee may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
1. Graduate of an accredited school of massage.
2. Current certification from an accredited school of massage, valid license, valid driver's license, and auto insurance
3. One-year experience working in a health-related setting preferred.
4. All Massage Therapy functions
5. Oral communication Skills
6. Written communication Skill
7. Ability to work with dying patients
8. Sympathetic Attitude
10. Customer Services/Relations
Symbii Home Health & Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
To learn more about Symbii Home Health and Hospice - Symbiihealth.com