We are living our Purpose – To Care Deeply about People, Helping them to Eat Well and Be Happy. This Purpose guides everything we do and is why we are in business. We are using our service priorities - Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency to help us make decisions at work every day and are critical to the success of our business goals.
Sunrise ShopRite in Parsippany is seeking a Part Time Baker/Mixer for our ever-busy Bakery Department!
Job Summary: To deliver a great customer experience while assisting the Bakery Manager in the daily operation of the department with baking, mixing dough, icing, packaging and filling, of designated pastry and bread items in the Bakery Department; to maintain a neat, clean and visually appealing department and to perform other tasks as required in an efficient and safe manner, within Company policy.
Minimum Required Qualifications: The minimum required qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret, and understand the English language.
- Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled shift.
- Ability to bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures.
- Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products, spices and powdered substances without negative allergic consequences.
- Ability to tolerate dust and cleaning agents during routine housekeeping duties.
- Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful way.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all time and attendance policies.
Essential Job Functions: Performance of the essential functions of this position require the Associate to possess the minimum qualifications listed above. These functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain department sanitation and QA standards (i.e. safety, personal hygiene, clean cases, and equipment).
- Clean and sanitize all work surfaces, utensils and equipment in accordance with Department of Sanitation and QA standards.
- Keep floor clear of debris and spills.
- Greet all Customers and provide them with prompt, courteous service and assistance.
- Maintain and properly use all department equipment as required.
- Follow recipes to produce food products of specified flavor, texture, clarity, bouquet, or color.
- Set up, operate, and tend equipment that cooks, mixes, blends or processes ingredients in the production of food products, according to formulas or recipes.
- Rotate all merchandise in accordance with quality assurance standards to ensure freshness.
- Prepare special order requests, as required.
- Track movement of sales on production logs.
- Take a complete & accurate inventory of supplies weekly and re-order supplies and ingredients as needed.
- Place reclamation in its proper location.
- Regularly lift, pull, push and rotate merchandise that weights 25 lbs., and that occasionally weights up to 50 lbs.
- Unload trucks and transport merchandise to Bakery department that weights 25 lbs., and that occasionally weights up to 50 lbs.
- Check prices and be knowledgeable about location of items in the store.
- Follow approved procedures for receiving, code dating, preparing, storing, and price marking, arranging, and restocking products to ensure quality, accuracy and product rotation and protection.
- Handle damaged and spoiled products according to Company policy and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
- Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates to Bakery operations.
- Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department; report any equipment problems immediately.
- Check refrigeration equipment for proper performance regularly; report any failures immediately.
- Complete all applicable department training programs.
Please go to ShopRite.com and fill out the application today for the Parsippany ShopRite location! We look forward to meeting you!!
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Parsippany, NJ 07054: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Baker/Mixer: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: In person